JP Enterprises silent captured spring system

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Suputin221
Silent But Deadly

Re: JP Enterprises silent captured spring system

Post by Suputin221 »

Pulled my buffer retainer and VOILA so easy to get the captive spring system in and out. Def the way to go.! :mrgreen:
TScottTX

Post by TScottTX »

Ran the captured spring system today on a 8.2 Noveske barrel, AAC SDN-6 suppressor and RCA BCG. Perfect cycling and bolt hold-back using the standard spring with 208gn AMAX and 220gn OTM (factory loads). I had jams on every single supersonic I tried however - 110gn VMAX, 125gn NBT and 125gn OTM.

I have the optional spring kit and before I reinvent the wheel, has anyone experimented with the different springs and have a suggestion for my dilemma? I could try a JP low mass BCG but I have a feeling that would open its own can of worms.
Suputin221
Silent But Deadly

Post by Suputin221 »

I had two revealing experiences with my version of the silent spring system.

The first was when I tried it on a 14.5" 556 rifle. With a muzzle brake the rifle was smooth as butter. It almost felt like shooting a 22 Rimfire. I couldn't beleive how smooth the recoil impulse was.

Then a couple of days later we shot a conventional 556 rifle side by side with a rifle running the silent spring system. Both rifles were suppressed. The loud SPROINGGGGGGGG after shit with the conventional recoil system was outragious compared to the compete lack of spring noise out of the silent spring system.

The thing I like most is the ability to easily swap spring rates to tune the system to the rifle and the ammo.
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

TScottTX wrote:Ran the captured spring system today on a 8.2 Noveske barrel, AAC SDN-6 suppressor and RCA BCG. Perfect cycling and bolt hold-back using the standard spring with 208gn AMAX and 220gn OTM (factory loads). I had jams on every single supersonic I tried however - 110gn VMAX, 125gn NBT and 125gn OTM.

I have the optional spring kit and before I reinvent the wheel, has anyone experimented with the different springs and have a suggestion for my dilemma? I could try a JP low mass BCG but I have a feeling that would open its own can of worms.
Have you pulled on the charging handle a couple of hundred times since adding the JP silent buffer system? Also are your supers handloads? Finally, have you tried with a different mag on the supers to see if you still have the issue?