Shooting 115 gr through YHM 7.62.......

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

BrownSunshine

Shooting 115 gr through YHM 7.62.......

Post by BrownSunshine »

Is completely hearing safe!!! Went down to my dealer yesturday to check out my can and get my paperwork done. We went out and ran a few rounds through it and he even let me use his full auto lower to have a little fun.

First off, my gun consists of a 8" Noveske Bbl on a Spikes upper. With the 220 gr Remington's the gun was so quiet it was not even funny. This thing was pellet gun quiet. IT was awesome.

I had some PNW Arms 147 Gr loaded up in a couple of mags and tried those. They were louder than the 220 grain rounds but they were still completely hearing safe. They actually still seemed quieter than a .22 rifle.

I ran out of those and tried the 115 grain ones and they were about the same as the 147 grain rounds. Still very quiet and still very much hearing safe. I'll try to get some videos up once my youtube account stops being dumb and lets me upload them.

Basically, the 115 grain UMC rounds are still just fine to run with no hearing protection, which is good news since they are soo cheap!!!
bani
Silent But Deadly

Re: Shooting 115 gr through YHM 7.62.......

Post by bani »

i wouldn't do it. just because it doesn't hurt doesn't mean it's not causing damage. supersonic is still bad for you.

either that or your hearing is already toast and you don't notice :P
BrownSunshine

Re: Shooting 115 gr through YHM 7.62.......

Post by BrownSunshine »

If you watch my other two videos in my other thread, the full auto video was with 115 gr bullets.

It is barely louder than the subsonics.

But you're right, my hearing may already be gone LOL