Anyone run the BLK out of a YHM 7.62 QD Phantom?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

hugegator
Silent Operator

Anyone run the BLK out of a YHM 7.62 QD Phantom?

Post by hugegator »

My check has been cashed and the long wait begins for a 7.62 QD SS YHM Phantom. This was the best bang for the buck for me to get into the silencer game. Does anyone have experience running one on a 300 BLK?
Thank you!
martineta
Silent But Deadly

Re: Anyone run the BLK out of a YHM 7.62 QD Phantom?

Post by martineta »

I watched my FFL guy use one on a AR platform and it was very quiet. I gave him some of my 300 whisper reloads that wouldn't cycle his AR but I will tell you, if I thought his 300 blacks were quiet, I couldn't believe how quiet my Whisper reloads were since his bolt wasn't opening and closing when firing. It was "hollywood quiet" My guess is you will be very happy. Congratulations.
M. Kenneth Burnett
Hunting Lodge Owner
Paraguay & Uruguay
Dogtired

Post by Dogtired »

I will let you know in a week when my foreend comes in, my final part of the SBR. I have the can already.
coryj

Post by coryj »

I'm waiting on my 7.62 SS QD phantom to get to my dealer so I can do my form 4 paperwork.
hugegator
Silent Operator

Post by hugegator »

Dogtired wrote:I will let you know in a week when my foreend comes in, my final part of the SBR. I have the can already.

I'd appreciate your opinion on it.
snowball

Post by snowball »

Yes please keep us updated , I too filed papers and my check was cashed in early september for my phantom , I have yet to take the plunge for an upper in 300 blk but I want to ask how the accuracy was and if I run the 220 gr bullets with 1680 powder, am I gauranteed to get the action to cycle suppressed ? Any advice would Be appreciated. I was thinking of a 16" barrel with the carbine gas setup.
Dogtired

Post by Dogtired »

Screwing it together, my wrench broke. I have to borrow one to finish the last mm. :lol:
patwa

Post by patwa »

That is what I have. I have had it about almost six months and love it. No one else in this neck of the woods has a silencer so nothing to compare it to, but everyone who hears it at the range is impressed. I have run it on a 16 inch AR 300BLK, and on a 18 inch bolt .308 win with subsonics.
Dogtired

Post by Dogtired »

My sub loads were supersonic so no word on how quiet yet but the gun worked well with the can on.
chili17
Elite Member

Post by chili17 »

the phantom sounds so so on a boltgun in .300blkout. Honestly i have been using a octane and tirant for subsonic use since it cuts down on the weight and i mostley shoot offhand
Hipes Consulting Services LLC
FFL/SOT 07/02
North Texas
[email protected]