Talk me into or out of a Rebel SOS Hunter Gen II

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Steve Urquell
Silent But Deadly

Re: Talk me into or out of a Rebel SOS Hunter Gen II

Post by Steve Urquell »

GunFunZS wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:49 pm It looks like a friend and I are going to do the Form 1 option hopefully soon. Also I heard that Rebel closed down.
Holy carp!

"Hello Patriots, Dealers and Customers. I have some unfortunate news. Value Cans LLC (DBA Rebel Silencers) no longer has an FFL. Currently, we cannot accept any new orders, or complete warranty work. All order forms have been suspended and are no longer functional. Our short term goal is to secure a licensed manufacturer to continue on with the Rebel design line of products and also one who can handle warranty work for past products, etc.

If you have an open, fully paid order with Rebel at the moment, making sure your order is completed to standard and shipped by another licensed manufacturer is our top priority. HPA deposits etc. will all be thoughtfully negotiated with via the new manufacturer too, so please don’t count that as a loss. We will update via email as we move ahead so stay tuned.

Regardless if the Rebel brand continues or not, we want our product line to continue to thrive as it is our mission to do so. We know that this news is disappointing, as it surely is to us, but please know that we will do everything within our power to meet past commitments and ensure that past customers have warranty service available to them. In essence, we truly care about our company and leaving people high and dry is not in our DNA."

https://rebelsilencers.com/
der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

There's a rather good discussion regarding building a suppressor using a Form 1 here: https://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic ... 87&t=80252&

I think the supplier referenced for the end caps got shut down by BATFE for some #$%*%@! reason, but there are other places to find them if you search just a little and the overall info is good.
"A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject." — John R. Lott
GunFunZS
Silent But Deadly

Post by GunFunZS »

Thanks. A list of good suppliers vs ones which are legally dubious would be helpful. Is there a maker of k baffles or undrilled monolithic core? Freeze plugs seem both heavy and shoddy to me.
der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

GunFunZS wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:14 pm Thanks. A list of good suppliers vs ones which are legally dubious would be helpful. Is there a maker of k baffles or undrilled monolithic core? Freeze plugs seem both heavy and shoddy to me.
There are sources for K baffles, you just need to search around. The freeze plugs are probably slightly heavier (but only slightly, if at all) and much less expensive. There is the expense of the forming tool (although there are ways around that, too), but I split the cost with a friend and that helped.
"A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject." — John R. Lott
GunFunZS
Silent But Deadly

Post by GunFunZS »

That's part of what i am looking at. I need to figure out engraving too. At this point I will do a bunch of arf reading before I ask other questions. Still want your input on mounts.