The Wait Is On

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Re: The Wait Is On

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

Forget about it and it will go by fast. I’ve waited 344 days at the longest and 20 at the shortest.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
Gman2017

Post by Gman2017 »

Man, that is a big difference.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

The E file form 1 turn around time is now approximately 12 days.

Good time to be a DIYer. May just submit one or two cans for sheets and giggles.
Gman2017

Post by Gman2017 »

My son-in-law filed almost a month before me and got his back last week, so it should be close.
Gman2017

Post by Gman2017 »

I hope that the government shut down does not affect the background checks. The wait is long enough.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Gman2017 wrote:I hope that the government shut down does not affect the background checks. The wait is long enough.
I bet it doesn't slow them down cashing the checks
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
nlvmike

Post by nlvmike »

Ventura Munitions used to carry an awesome 187gr large polymer tipped sub that I loved, but they haven't had it in stock for a while. It's pretty easy to find a non-expanding bullet for reloading plinking subs, but when you are ready to go hunting, be prepared to lay out the bucks for Lehigh or Makers bullets.
warthog97
Silent Operator

Post by warthog97 »

Hey Gman,
I didn't catch what your intended purpose for the subs was, or barrel length, etc. I'm running a 16" barrel with a carbine length non-adjustable gas system. I can't remember my buffer tube weight, but I'm running a standard carbine spring and I really haven't had any issues with reliability of any factory subs. I can't say accuracy was spectacular, but certainly decent at 50 and 100 yds. I did have to play with the buffer tube weight some to get my 300 to run with my handloads, but that's not what you're asking about.

I do want to play with Hornaday's new subsonic expanding ammo, but haven't gotten the chance yet. Maybe I'll head to the woods later this month and shoot some water jugs?
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Which hornady subsonic bullet are you referring to?
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
Gman2017

Post by Gman2017 »

I'm running an 8" barrel pistol length gas with MVB pdw stock. Bought 500 rds of Sellier & Belliot 200 gr subs to try out when my stamp arrives.