First can! SilencerCo Omega

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

RyanMN

First can! SilencerCo Omega

Post by RyanMN »

Ordered my first can this week. Early birthday present to myself. Well, early as in paid for it with this years birthday funds actually get to take it home.. who knows when.

Went with the SilencerCo Omega. Probably took too long to make the decisions. Would have had it already if I just pulled the trigger when I got the urge.

Ordered up brake mounts for my .30 cal rifles. Newest is a 300blk Springfield Saint Pistol. Few problems out of the gate, likely ammo from what I’m gathering.

Found a ASR Sheild to use as well.

Already making plans for my first 2 builds. Another 300 pistol, and a 18” 223 upper to used with my DDM4V11. Probably end up just building an entire rifle.
Smurky
Silent Operator
Location: Democratic Peoples Republik of Dane County Wisconsin

Re: First can! SilencerCo Omega

Post by Smurky »

Good luck with your wait, individual or trust?
wildfowler
Silent But Deadly

Post by wildfowler »

Good choice. I have an omega and a harvester and I think they both offers superb suppression levels. I dillydallied around make my decision on my first suppressor which was a 22lr can many years ago.

Think of it this way. I know for a fact if I had gotten my first suppressor ordered the first moment I realized it was illegal to do so I probably have five or six more in my arsenal than I do now so my wallet certainly thanks me.

Haha

Good Luck to you!!
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Congratulations.

Here's wishing you a short/fast wait.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
RyanMN

Post by RyanMN »

Hoping for a short wait as well.

Submitted individually.
10Driver
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 10Driver »

Well, There’s other reports on Saint malfunctions. They sound suspiciously like yours.

I can’t remember the rules here about linking to other forums. If you do a search, I found several issues posted on a variety of forums. All chambering issues like what you described.
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by blaster »

I'm sure you will like your Omega. I sure like mine. Hope the wait isn't too long. if it wasn't for the wait, I would have a lot more than 2 cans!
peace through superior firepower
RyanMN

Post by RyanMN »

10Driver wrote:Well, There’s other reports on Saint malfunctions. They sound suspiciously like yours.

I can’t remember the rules here about linking to other forums. If you do a search, I found several issues posted on a variety of forums. All chambering issues like what you described.
I got the chance to get to the range. Didn’t have the same issues with the MagTech or Remington ammo. I did have an issue getting the Remington subs to lock the bolt back. Adjusted the gas block with no luck. The Magtechs ran just fine.

If you have links to the other Saint issues, send me a message. Interested to see the outcome.
10Driver
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 10Driver »

The Saint comments I saw were about rough chambers that Springfield polished and everything worked. I’m definitely not the expert on that so not sure if getting one brand of ammunition to function means anything.