Getting can to range and back

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

HeadedToTexas

Getting can to range and back

Post by HeadedToTexas »

So I'm the proud new owner of a Griffin Optimus. Happy with my first can, but carrying it around in the box has got to change. Too many parts to simply toss the assembled can in a pocket, and carrying it loose in the range bag seems like a sure way to scratch it all up. Anyone use a tool roll to carry and protect?
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Re: Getting can to range and back

Post by golfindia »

Protect from scratches....

Some of my cans look like they have been ran over by a truck.

I've also quit painting my 80% lowers and Form1 cans. No painty, no scratchy.
alamo5000
Silent But Deadly

Post by alamo5000 »

They do make suppressor pouches you know.

Griffin used to include one with their cans, but now have moved over to including a soft Gucci bag. It's a pretty funny inside joke based around a forum poster on another forum who (just prior to getting banned) was talking about his uncle who served in 'Nam and accused others of not knowing what they were doing and having a bunch of 'Gucci guns'. The guy clearly didn't know who all was on the other end of the internet. LOL!

It's kind of a thing sort of like going 'full semi automatic'. :lol:

Anyway I would just buy a good pouch. The pouches that Griffin sells are really good. I have several. The ones from Silencer Shop are ok and get the job done as well. I like the Griffin one a little bit better though.

You can also get a good range bag for the other stuff you might need to stash.

https://www.griffinarmament.com/product-p/pouch.htm

---

On a side note I cooked off the finish on one of my Griffin cans so I refinished it with some high temp paint.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

No offense ment but I had to grin a bit when I read this. I remember those days. Kind of like the first scratch on a new car you have saved for.

At any rate, I keep mine in a working man's sock. Different colors for different cans.
HeadedToTexas

Post by HeadedToTexas »

hardcase wrote:No offense ment but I had to grin a bit when I read this. I remember those days. Kind of like the first scratch on a new car you have saved for.
Hehe, that's definitely the case with me. First can syndrome.

The Optimus has a bunch of parts too, so it seems like keeping them all together may stem the tendency to lose a few (which would suck).
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

You could also do something like this. I made it pretty cheap and it would serve more than one purpose.

http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.p ... cks.16292/
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
HeadedToTexas

Post by HeadedToTexas »

Very cool. Good bet I'll make one in time.

If it was just the suppressor, then a simple pouch like the ones Griffin sells would be great. But the Optimus has a bunch of part for different configurations and to switch from pistol to rifle configuration requires several of those parts. I'm trying to keep them all in one place that isn't the box they shipped in.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Plenty of soft or hard sided cases for tools, pistols or you might even have one for cosmetics laying around :shock:

Cut a foam insert to fit your parts. Less than $20 bucks. Worth it if you like keeping your stuff nice

generic pistol case
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

i got my first scratch out of the way with my sparrow about a month or so into ownership.

however, my centerfire can lives in its sleeve, so i dont worry about that one, even though its unpainted form1 titanium tube suppressor.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
HeadedToTexas

Post by HeadedToTexas »

So I get that this may be too obsessive for some (or most), but it is what it is. This suppressor roll started life as an $8 tool roll. A few snipped threads later and it's a case for the Griffin Optimus.