OSS 7.62 on 300BLK

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

bfr57

OSS 7.62 on 300BLK

Post by bfr57 »

Read up on just about everything I can find on the OSS Helix Direct Thread can and it has some mixed reviews. Weight is one point of contention, but for what I'm wanting it for, I don't think it'll be a huge factor. My 300 cycles subs just fine in my regular length barrel without a can, so that shouldn't be a problem. What I've not heard many people reporting on how it actually sounds and how quiet it is. For $400 +stamp, I think it's a great deal? Inputs?
chili17
Elite Member

Re: OSS 7.62 on 300BLK

Post by chili17 »

bfr57 wrote:Read up on just about everything I can find on the OSS Helix Direct Thread can and it has some mixed reviews. Weight is one point of contention, but for what I'm wanting it for, I don't think it'll be a huge factor. My 300 cycles subs just fine in my regular length barrel without a can, so that shouldn't be a problem. What I've not heard many people reporting on how it actually sounds and how quiet it is. For $400 +stamp, I think it's a great deal? Inputs?

The few OSS can I have heard are very loud and heavy.
Hipes Consulting Services LLC
FFL/SOT 07/02
North Texas
[email protected]
TexasEric
Silent But Deadly

Re: OSS 7.62 on 300BLK

Post by TexasEric »

How are you getting one for $400 + stamp. That sounds like good deal to me.

What the previous response written was true as far as weight. On a 16 inch barrel, you are going to FEEL every ounce of that weight. It shifts the entire balance of the rifle way too far forward. I have hefted and fired one a 5.56 AR, benchrested shooting was fun. BEHIND and next to the gun was fine.

As far as the noise, I can not give any feedback on the 7.62 model.