need help picking silencer for 300 blk

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Re: need help picking silencer for 300 blk

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

BlogSarge wrote:
Dolomite_Supafly wrote:The best I have found is alcohol based hand sanitizer.
Hadn’t thought of that. Just squirt a bit into the end and fire away? Does the alcohol burn off?
Doesn't burn off, just evaporates. Leaves no residue behind and smells good. I assume because alcohol evaporates so quickly it really helps cool, and quiet, the silencer down. I have tried EVERYTHING and it works the best. I have used water, diet soda, wire pulling gel, KY Jelly and grease.

I put a couple of pea sized drops in the blast chamber, give it a shake to make sure it isn't in the path of the bullet then screw it on.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

Thanks DS. I’m gonna give it a try.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

I posted the same thing somewhere else and had an “expert” say the alcohol will ignite and blow your silencer up like a hand grenade. If the muzzle blast or unburned powder wont destroy your silencer a drop of alcohol mixed with water won’t. Besides to create pressure you can’t have a big hole for the gas to escape.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote:I posted the same thing somewhere else and had an “expert” say the alcohol will ignite and blow your silencer up like a hand grenade. If the muzzle blast or unburned powder wont destroy your silencer a drop of alcohol mixed with water won’t. Besides to create pressure you can’t have a big hole for the gas to escape.

Gotta love them interweb experts. Probably mouth breathing neckbeards living in their mother’s basements!

I read some of the comments on forums and wonder if they’ve ever carried a gun into a lethal situation.

Cheers!
BlogSarge