Supressor cover

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Lounger

Supressor cover

Post by Lounger »

I'm relatively new to 300BlkTalk. I'm sure this is on a ton of threads, but what are some good suppressor covers for around $100?

Thanks! I appreciate the responses.
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Re: Supressor cover

Post by Dr.Phil »

Here ya go:

New MagPul cover...
https://www.magpul.com/products/suppressor-cover-5-5

or for the traditional TAB Gear
http://tabgear.com/

Both of which are in your price range.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
Mysguidednlv

Post by Mysguidednlv »

A little late to the party... the Rifles Only HAD Suppressor Cover is right in your price range, gets great reviews, and comes in many lengths and colors.

https://www.riflesonly.com/rifles-only- ... iew_tabbed

I just purchased the 9” in Kryptek Typhon with the bungee. it’s bery well built and looks great, though it does have some weight to it. I can't report on the heat management and durability yet as I am still waiting on my AAC 762-SD to get out of jail.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

There are many covers under $100. Google "suppressor cover" and have fun looking at all the options.
Smurky
Silent Operator
Location: Democratic Peoples Republik of Dane County Wisconsin

Post by Smurky »

Mysguidednlv wrote:A little late to the party... the Rifles Only HAD Suppressor Cover is right in your price range, gets great reviews, and comes in many lengths and colors.

https://www.riflesonly.com/rifles-only- ... iew_tabbed

I just purchased the 9” in Kryptek Typhon with the bungee. it’s bery well built and looks great, though it does have some weight to it. I can't report on the heat management and durability yet as I am still waiting on my AAC 762-SD to get out of jail.
I have 2 HADs, like them and recommend them.
dbltaps
Silent Operator

Post by dbltaps »

Here’s what I did:

Google “fire sleeve” in your local area. I bought 3 FEET for ~$12, in the correct diameter for my can. It is rated up to 500 degrees F continuous and even higher for short periods. There are other types that take more heat. Cut it to the proper length with household scissors.

Then go to https://www.riflesonly.com/suppressor-covers and buy just the sleeve - $25- $35 in the proper length, and BOOM, you now have a quality suppressor cover for under 50 bucks.

Mic dropped

If you need to keep the ends of the fire sleeve from fraying, go to Lowe’s or Home Depot and buy some ultra high temp silicone and glue the ends.
The running man

Post by The running man »

We have moderator covers here in the uk but i must say not a lot of uk shooters bother with them, they make the mod look like a small log and are generally unsightly tatty and tacky...... They dont really compliment the lines of the firearm...
Flatliner
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flatliner »

The running man wrote:We have moderator covers here in the uk but i must say not a lot of uk shooters bother with them, they make the mod look like a small log and are generally unsightly tatty and tacky...... They dont really compliment the lines of the firearm...
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally I think many of the ones I have seen complete the "look" of the firearm. In my case though, I got the my first one because the mirage coming off the can after a few shots was bothering me.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

The running man wrote:We have moderator covers here in the uk but i must say not a lot of uk shooters bother with them, they make the mod look like a small log and are generally unsightly tatty and tacky...... They dont really compliment the lines of the firearm...
Same here. I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

hardcase wrote:
Same here. I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Suppressor

300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.