Rebel Silencers

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

RU Grendel
Silent Operator

Rebel Silencers

Post by RU Grendel »

Anyone have one? Heard any pros/cons. I realize they are Aluminum vs titanium, but for my purposes (hunting and light plinking) I find it hard not to test the waters. Let me hear your opinions
Boolit_Head
Silent But Deadly

Re: Rebel Silencers

Post by Boolit_Head »

On the suppressor board I haunted for a while they seemed to say that a similar design had been tried before without success. They did not seem to like he multiple threaded sections. They were pretty snobbish about the freeze plug cans as well and mine seems to work just fine.

Somehow Rebel seems to be making it work. If you have not seen them they have some videos over on you tube.
Last edited by Boolit_Head on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
RU Grendel
Silent Operator

Post by RU Grendel »

Boolit_Head wrote:On the suppressor board I haunted for a while they seemed to say that a similar design had been tried before without success. They did not seems to like he multiple threaded sections. They were pretty snobbish about the freeze plug cans as well and mine seems to work just fine.

Somehow Rebel seems to be making it work. If you have not seen them they have some videos over on you tube.

I've watched a bunch of YouTube videos on them. Most people seem to have good experiences so far. My dealer had a few of the .22 cal and 9mm in stock so I got to handle them a little bit the other day. I'm tempted to bite the bullet and try one out. Wanted to see if anyone had shot one with the blkout and hear their opinion. Just wish they would pass this hearing protection bill asap so I don't spend almost as much on a stamp as the suppressor....
nlvmike

Post by nlvmike »

I get a lot a flack on forums about the Rebel from folks who have not shot them. I am not the expert here, but I do have an early model, and a couple more in jail. The one I have in hand is a SOS 556, which is not offered anymore. It is a direct thread, all stainless SOS with 6 sections. It is only 5.56, so I can't use it on the 300 blackouts. I run it most of the time on an AR-22, shortened up by one baffle. It is hollywood quiet with CCI SV ammo. The best part is that it is so easy to clean. I keep it oiled, and every 500 rounds or so, I just take it apart and wipe it out. Even with nasty 22lr ammo. The only drawback is that it is a little big and heavy for a 22lr. It doesn't bother me on the AR, but I wouldn't run it on a pistol.

I was so impressed that I ordered another one. When it came in, it was a SOS Hunter 30. I'm excited to run it on a 300blk. I have handled it in the shop. It is aluminum with stainless inserts swaged in to each baffle at the hole. It is really light, but I'm not sure it will clean up so well. i won't shoot rimfire through it. The thread insert looks like a much better system, if it squares up right.

FWIW, I have a couple of their little SOS 22's in jail also. Rebel's are not my only cans, but I like what I have so far.
RU Grendel
Silent Operator

Post by RU Grendel »

Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and bought one of the Hunters back in October. Just waiting on my stamp to come back. I had a buddy get his stamp back in 7 months, so I'm hoping for a similar result