Thunderbeast Recore

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

hoser
Silent But Deadly

Thunderbeast Recore

Post by hoser »

I just got my 30PS back from Ray at TBAC.

They had it less than a week to upgrade to the ultra baffle stack, convert to brake attach from direct thread and cerakote black again.

My initial impressions were that the can was much lighter now and the machine/welding was top notch. You couldn't even tell that anything had been done. The cerakote looks perfect, not like it was painted with Krylon.

I took it to the range today for its first test fire.

The first rounds were through a 9 inch 300 Whisper M-16A1 shooting 175s and AA-1680. Very quiet. Much quieter (very noticeable) than the old baffle stack. Before it was a bit loud with no ear-pro. Now it sounds like 220s going through a 9 inch can.

I put it back on the original rifle (Accuracy International PSR) after I put the brake attach mount on. There was minimal shift from the old 30PS zero to the new one even with an added brake and baffle stack.

My only challenge now is to not get it confused with my 223 and 6.5 Ultra 7s.

In the end, the $$$ involved is absolutely worth it to save some weight and a few Db. Dealing with the staff at TBAC is always awesome. Must be something in the air up there.
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Re: Thunderbeast Recore

Post by Dr.Phil »

Going from the OG 30P to the new ultra series is a big jump up and well worth it.
For me, I have the 30P-1 and I can't justify the expense for a relatively small jump in size and dB reduction.

My experience with TBAC has always been incredible.
Their products are some of the highest quality that I have ever seen.
Well worth the price of admission if they have a product that fits your need.

Unfortunately, if you are looking to a bomb proof can for your 240B that has a nifty fast attach system, you will need to look elsewhere.
For the rest of us, they make one of the absolute best suppressors in regards to precision and dB reduction.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain