Looking for a quiet 9mm suppressor

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

TexasEric
Silent But Deadly

Looking for a quiet 9mm suppressor

Post by TexasEric »

Looking for one for my S&W M&P 1.0 in 9mm. Looking at osprey 9mm and AAC Ti-rant 9M. Any other suggestions. I am leaning hard toward the osprey. I don't shoot s ton of handgun rounds.
Sharkbite
Silent But Deadly

Re: Looking for a quiet 9mm suppressor

Post by Sharkbite »

TexasEric wrote:Looking for one for my S&W M&P 1.0 in 9mm. Looking at osprey 9mm and AAC Ti-rant 9M. Any other suggestions. I am leaning hard toward the osprey. I don't shoot s ton of handgun rounds.
Ive got a Octane 45 and a TiRant 9s that i run on my M&P's. The 9s is by far my fav handgun can. It does just enough to quiet the pistol WITHOUT the size/weight of a fullsize can.

Now, i know that not an apples to apples comparison to the cans you mentioned, but i have enough time with both cans to know you wont be disappointed no matter which you chose.
TexasEric
Silent But Deadly

Post by TexasEric »

I hear you. I am torn between the Ti-rant and Osprey 9mm. The Liberty mystic X seems like a good can as well, although it has much more 1st round pop on it than the others.
RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAINS »

Check out the griffin Revolution 9. It has the better stainless click together baffles than the tirant. They have a new version due out soon as well. It's also the quietest k type can. Honestly though if you are only going to shoot jacketed 9mm then the tirant is tops. Good luck!

R
TexasEric
Silent But Deadly

Post by TexasEric »

RAINS wrote:Check out the griffin Revolution 9. It has the better stainless click together baffles than the tirant. They have a new version due out soon as well. It's also the quietest k type can. Honestly though if you are only going to shoot jacketed 9mm then the tirant is tops. Good luck!

R
Just looked it up. It is definitely on par with the other cans. Thanks for heads up!!!!
2manyToys
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manyToys »

TexasEric wrote:I hear you. I am torn between the Ti-rant and Osprey 9mm. The Liberty mystic X seems like a good can as well, although it has much more 1st round pop on it than the others.
I really don't notice first round pop with my Mystic X when shooting 300BLK, though I've hardly run any 9mm thru it.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

If you didn't have an upper, I would recommend the spikes "brown recluse" integral upper.

If you had one, I guarantee you would shoot it a lot.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
Specialized

Post by Specialized »

You might want to look at a Silencerco Omega 9k. I love mine -- small, quiet, and it works for 9mm and 300BLK subsonic and supersonic. Good luck in your search!
Full.Lead.Taco

Post by Full.Lead.Taco »

The mystic-x is a long suppressor but is built very strong and very versatile. It can handle 300blk supers as well as .223 supers--which most pistol cans cannot. The new ones can even handle more with the stainless fixed barrel adapter--300 win mag if I remember correctly. The sound is good on mine, but I haven't done a side by side comparison with my octane or other suppressors.
I love guns, tacos, and lead. I use the guns. The guns eat lead. And I eat tacos. I make videos about the first 2 things.
https://www.youtube.com/c/fullleadtaco
Bustedknuckle

Post by Bustedknuckle »

Look at the AAC Illusion 9. Good prices on Gun Broker if it comes with the piston size you use.
I can use my factory G-19g4 sites with it, the bore is offset.
It is a good choice to use with 22lr, it comes apart and is easy to clean.