little "blankets" around suppressors?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

300black
Silent Operator

Re: little "blankets" around suppressors?

Post by 300black »

What is a good cover for hunting?

I never thought about hitting metal and obviously scaring off game, never had a barrel that long. And also protecting the suppressor.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

i had one assembled by my local leathersmith.

got a soldering blanket off amazon for like $15, some mossy oak (i dont recall the specific pattern) fabric from the store, and had him glue the fabric & soldering blanket to the leather, and then put a nice retaining stitch around the outside as well as a nylon webbing strap across the middle to catch the "325" paracord wrap i cinched it down with.

does the job nicely!
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Here's what I did.

Just a few bucks worth of materials (less than $10)

http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.p ... cks.16292/
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
dbltaps
Silent Operator

Post by dbltaps »

I use mine to keep from burning my hands or my gear/bag if I accidentally touch the suppressor to any of those things. I made a relatively inexpensive cover by purchasing two feet of aviation fuel line fire sleeve for like $12, cut it to length, and then bought a cover from Rifles Only. It's good to over 700 degrees and cost 1/3 what companies charge...