Questions on new Sig mounts.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

N2130N
Silent But Deadly

Questions on new Sig mounts.

Post by N2130N »

So I finally got my Sig SRD 7.62 Ti QD outta jail!

Do they make mounts without the taper behind the threads? Like a normal mount with a square shoulder?

I have a couple 30 caliber rifles that due to a thinner barrel profile were threaded 1/2x28. Do the Sig 1/2" mounts have a big enough hole to pass a 30 caliber bullet or will I have to bore them out?

Thanks for any help.
WTB: exotic ammo! AP, tracers, etc. Money waiting, whatcha got?
RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Re: Questions on new Sig mounts.

Post by RAINS »

Ask Sig. Your question is fairly technical only Sig can really answer it. Part of buying anything is customer service. I've asked Thunder Beast a couple of questions before on their forum. Both times I received a clear concise answer in a couple of hours. I love well run small businesses. Good luck.

R
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Re: Questions on new Sig mounts.

Post by A-Game »

N2130N wrote:So I finally got my Sig SRD 7.62 Ti QD outta jail!

Do they make mounts without the taper behind the threads? Like a normal mount with a square shoulder?

I have a couple 30 caliber rifles that due to a thinner barrel profile were threaded 1/2x28. Do the Sig 1/2" mounts have a big enough hole to pass a 30 caliber bullet or will I have to bore them out?

Thanks for any help.
They were designed to work with a tapered barrel and a 90 degree machined shoulder.
They make a 1/2x28 mount for the 7.62SRD. The 1/2x28 5.56 mount is not compatible with the 7.62 cans.

Edit: I do have Sig's tapered barrel muzzle schematic if anyone is interested in seeing them.
What barrel are you using that it is 1/2" at the muzzle?
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk