Do I need another suppressor?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

mech5700
Silent But Deadly

Do I need another suppressor?

Post by mech5700 »

Soooo there is a pretty decent sale going on at primary arms right now, and they have a suppressor that I've kinda wanted for a while... The YHM Ti QD 30 cal.

My struggle is that I already own an older YHM QD 30 cal can but in the stainless steel flavor...I really love that can, and have mounts on my RARR, SBR, and 16" AR (all are 300BO). It's been good to me but the only gripe I have is the weight. I think it's 28 ounces or something crazy like that, whereas the titanium is almost half that at 15 ounces. I also have a Silencer Co Sparrow I use for my 10/22 and SR22 pistol, and don't really have a desire to run a can on my 40 or 45 pistols (or else I would look into buying a "universal" type suppressor)

Anybody been in the same boat before?
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: Do I need another suppressor?

Post by plant.one »

yes you need another suppressor.

[/end thread]

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
mech5700
Silent But Deadly

Post by mech5700 »

Would it be silly to spend $800 to have another suppressor that's functionally the same as the one I already have? I guess that's the real question...
anotherkelley
Silent But Deadly

Post by anotherkelley »

I owned my old YHM 30-cal for 2yrs before they put the Ti version on the market - had to have it obviously. I had several different guns with QD adapters so it was a no brainer for me - back then...

However with all the latest and greatest options out there today, I can't say I'd go after one. Even considering the sale, in my opinion it's not worth the wait for your 'mother may I' form. Silencer tech is changing at a fairly rapid pace and there's some extremely quiet, modern cans out there today. If you're 100% content with the performance you're getting now then disregard my ramblings and go after the lighter phantom.

What is the sale price for the 30, all I could see was the 5.56 Ti can for $499.
mech5700
Silent But Deadly

Post by mech5700 »

I'm definitely content with the performance, however I haven't really compared it to other suppressors to see how it stacks up in the real world. I know it's "old tech" and a no frills suppressor, but it does work great.

The Ti is $599 right now. I paid $609 for my SS when I bought it back in 2011.

I was looking into the Omega 9k too but it sold out, a tiny 8.8 oz 4.7" can capable of shooting 9mm to 300 BO supers. That would be freaken sweet!
jwise
Senior Silent Operator

Post by jwise »

The Omega 9k is the can that has me on the edge, but I'm still paying off the last couple toys, so nothing new for me right now!
J. Wise

[url=http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=81462]AR Guide[/url] -- [url=http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=107080]AK Guide[/url] -- [url=http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=107341]NFA Trust[/url]
DutchV
Silent But Deadly

Post by DutchV »

"Need" is such a pesky term. I'm not gonna talk you out of it if you want it.
Making the bad man go away since 1982.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Suppressors are fun, but you need to ask yourself whether a suppressor is the highest, best use of that money. That's what I do very time I think about spending money on toys. So far the answer is always yes. :lol:
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

I already have 3 cans. Do I need another one? Hell yeah
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

I would get a different design then a lighter version of the one you have. My 2 cents.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne