Osprey 9 vs Mystic X

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

EnderZen

Osprey 9 vs Mystic X

Post by EnderZen »

Hope you guys dont mind me asking a 9mm pistol question. I am looking for a dedicated pistol can (sig p320). I have a lot of cans so I dont need one to do everything But what do you guys think of the Osprey 9? I like it because it is slightly shorter and lighter. Is anything else just as short/light I should look at?

If not, everything else seems to be 8 inches long (Octane, AAC...) and therefore I think I should just get the Mystic X.
trabikoenig
Silent Operator

Re: Osprey 9 vs Mystic X

Post by trabikoenig »

I have the Mystic X and it works great as a multi-caliber can, but if I was going to run this can exclusively on a pistol I think I would go with the osprey simply for the fact that you would be able to use the sites on your pistol.
We believe that all men are justified in defending themselves ... from the unlawful assaults and encroachments of all persons in times of exigency - D&C 134:11
yondering
Silent But Deadly

Post by yondering »

I have the Mystic X, and wouldn't buy it again for a dedicated 9mm can. It's pretty big and relatively heavy, and size does matter on a 9mm pistol.
Max713
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Max713 »

Griffin Revolution 9, all day.

Less than 8" in the full size configuration (7.6" actually), only 6 INCHES in the K configuration.

....AND! Still only 128db in the short K configuration. I have one in NFA jail at the moment.
EnderZen

Post by EnderZen »

Thanks for the Griffin suggestion. Something worth looking at but only in the 6 inch version.

Anyone on here have the Osprey?
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

I have a MysticX and an Osprey 45. It's bigger than osprey 9, obviously, but it's easier to see sights than MysticX. I wouldn't buy a mystic x if I only needed a dedicated 9mm pistol can, but it's awesome for 9mm rifle and 300blackout cast subsonic. MysticX is good on pistols if you have a red dot.
farm use
Silent But Deadly

Post by farm use »

I have a mystic x I use on a glock 19, 9mm SBR and a uzi. It works great on all of them. It is hard to see the sights on the glock but I dont use suppressor sights, but its really a non issue. I can still hit steel at 50 yards with ease. Iv been very pleased with it, its awesome on the 9mm AR SBR.
RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAINS »

Take a look at the new AAC Tirant 9M. It's pretty cool. Still I'd go omega 9K or Griffin Revolution 9. Rev 9 for cast bullets and Omega 9k for jacketed only.

R