Can't get my suppressed 300 AAC AR quiet

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

John A.
Silent But Deadly

Re: Can't get my suppressed 300 AAC AR quiet

Post by John A. »

They won't keep them on file, you have to submit new ones with each stamp/transfer.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

As far as the fingerprint cards go pretty sure they must have the ATF's ORI on them, not the local departments. You need to get cards that are completely blank and then fill in the ATF ORI yourself.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

They want FD-258 fingerprint cards.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

Here's the ATF link to request print cards. They send them pretty fast.

https://www.atf.gov/distribution-center-order-form
Haymaker

Post by Haymaker »

Thanks guys! I got a stack of cards from ATF when I did my Form 4 and the police officer printed a bunch of extra for me. I found it odd that you had to send them in every time is all. Thanks again for all of the responses!
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

Haymaker wrote:Thanks guys! I got a stack of cards from ATF when I did my Form 4 and the police officer printed a bunch of extra for me. I found it odd that you had to send them in every time is all. Thanks again for all of the responses!
Fingerprints change over time. My thumb has changed at least four times in the last 10 years.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
nlvmike

Post by nlvmike »

Back to the original post. I am curious as to what you are able to work out. I recently read a review of an adjustable gas block with some results that made no sense to me. It was the type of adjustable block that bleeds of the gas forward, rather than just closing it off. My assumption that another port letting out gas would make it louder. The test results were the opposite. The more bleed off he gave it, the lower the decibel ratings came back.

It was interesting enough for me to order one, but I haven't had the chance to tear apart a rifle and change the gas block. I will let you know. FWIW, I use a YHM Phantom Titanium, and it is pretty darn quiet with subs.