Good Link to 300 Ballistics Tables?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Good Link to 300 Ballistics Tables?

Post by JeffWard »

Has anybody got a good ballistics table worked up, or know the ballistic coefficient for 300BLK rounds?

From my searches here (not tested over a chrono yet) I should be getting about 2000-2100 FPS at the muzzle from most 125Gn bullets (Barnes, V-Max, etc) from my 8.25" Barrel.

If I zero at 50 yards, what should my ballpark offsets be at 100, 150, 200, etc.

I know a 5.56 zeroed at 50 should be back on at 200 again, but obviously a 300BLK will be different. Honestly I don't ever see shooting outside 100yds with my 300BLK. Anything I'm expecting past 100 will be catching 168Gn bullets from my .308.

JeffWard
Guns are tools designed for dirty work both competitive and defensive. If I meet someone with a well worn gun, I hope their barrel is pointed the same direction as mine if the lead starts flying...
RAPR
Silent But Deadly

Re: Good Link to 300 Ballistics Tables?

Post by RAPR »

You can always get ballistic coefficients from the bullet maker's website. I know the 125SST is G1: .305
I get about 2200fps from my 16" barrel so you are probably looking at 2000fps or a little less from a 8.25" barrel. You can use online ballistic calculators for free and are easy to find with google.

I zeroed my AR at 40yds, which puts it a couple inches high at 100 and back at zero around 170yds
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

I believe you can find BC info on the manufacturers web site. Then chrono the round and plug the MV into the JBM calculator:

http://www.jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmtraj-5.1.cgi
MoeZambeak

Post by MoeZambeak »

I have been using Strelok and Shooting Solution on my phone for ballistic tables.

I have been having great results with them so far, all the way out to 400 yards.

BTW, this is Ahren from WAC. Long time no see!
jryock
Silent But Deadly

Post by jryock »

MoeZambeak wrote:I have been using Strelok and Shooting Solution on my phone for ballistic tables.

I have been having great results with them so far, all the way out to 400 yards.

BTW, this is Ahren from WAC. Long time no see!
+1 for Strelok.
Mr Wizard

Post by Mr Wizard »

+2 strelok spend the couple of bucks and get the plus version. Much better you can also pick your scope reticle that's on your rifle and it will tell you the holdovers at any given zoom.
r.tenorio671
Silent But Deadly

Post by r.tenorio671 »

There are many free online ballistics calculators you can use, and they usually have the bullet you use as one of the options in their pull down lists.

Although you can use the "defaults" associated with that bullet, it WILL NOT be accurate for YOUR FIREARM. The only way to obtain relatively accurate info for YOUR FIREARM is to chrony your loads or factory ammo fired from your weapon and use the FPS values obtained and then plug it in the calculator you decide to use.

If you reload, the online JBM Ballistics calculator has a database of bullet lengths (not 100% complete) you can use to refer to. If you go to the main page, in left side pane, click on "Length". Here's the direct link > http://www.jbmballistics.com/ballistics ... gths.shtml

ShootForum also has a more comprehensive database at thier online page, the database is the same and provided by the makers of the "Quickload" software. Here's the direct link > http://www.shootforum.com/forum/bulletdb.html

Between these two resources you should be able to get the specs for the majority of the most popular bullets used in reloading for the 300BLK cartridge.
68Guy
Silent But Deadly

Post by 68Guy »

JeffWard wrote:Has anybody got a good ballistics table worked up, or know the ballistic coefficient for 300BLK rounds?

From my searches here (not tested over a chrono yet) I should be getting about 2000-2100 FPS at the muzzle from most 125Gn bullets (Barnes, V-Max, etc) from my 8.25" Barrel.

If I zero at 50 yards, what should my ballpark offsets be at 100, 150, 200, etc.

I know a 5.56 zeroed at 50 should be back on at 200 again, but obviously a 300BLK will be different. Honestly I don't ever see shooting outside 100yds with my 300BLK. Anything I'm expecting past 100 will be catching 168Gn bullets from my .308.

JeffWard
Jeff I said the same thing. Basically, "oh this is an 8" SBR shooting a bullet designed for a .308 cartridge so it won't be accurate out at distance." Well I was wrong! I was out this past weekend shooting at a buddies ranch where we have distances available out to 475 yards. I was hitting an 18" steel silhouette reliably out at 325yards with a 123gr vMax and a 1 MOA red dot! Was still hitting about every 3 or so shot out at 375. A simple red dot is hard to get a consistent hold over when there are no range marks in the glass and I just had a dirt berm behind the target so no real point of reference. My take away is that if you have a decent bullet and a barrel with the right twist to stabilize it, you can be very effective at distance! No idea what the energy that bullet carries at that distance but you can hear the gong really well so it still had some authority to it! Rock on man and don't underestimate the capabilities of an SBR. LOVE MY 300 BLK!!! Oh did I mention it is suppressed so the gong didn't even know it was coming :lol:
Retired USAFR, NRA Life Member, NSSF, IDPA Range Safety Officer, GSSF member. Multiple ARs including 5.56 M4, 6.8 SPC II and suppressed 300BLK 8" SBR.