5.56 into a 300 blk chamber???

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Piep
Silent But Deadly

Re: 5.56 into a 300 blk chamber???

Post by Piep »

Due to this op's question.
I have a 300blk barrel that's not built up in an upper, just the bbl, I dropped a 223/5.56 in to it and there's no way you
would be able to chamber it in a bbl from a mag.
Just won't work.
There's a time for compromise. It's called later.

Politically Correct;
A term used for Whiny, overly sensitive Pansies
who need everything Sugar- Coated for them.
gabe1519
Silent But Deadly

Post by gabe1519 »

Not sure why you would want to do this, much less try to fire a .223/5.56 in a blackout barrel. You would have to use considerable force and the case would form itself into 300 BLK dimensions. If you were able to do this and fire the weapon I'm sure the powder would completely burn out past the bullet before it reached the end of the barrel, if it got that far. Velocity would probably be less than a 90 mph fast ball. Anyway just don't do it.
tfbit
Silent But Deadly

Post by tfbit »

Application of a hammer to the forward assist might get a .223 round chambered. Would be pretty interesting to pull the trigger...
No matter what you read on the intarweb CCI450s and CCI41s ARE NOT BALLISTICALLY IDENTICAL with H110! I'm also not a intarweb lawyer so I don't argue with anyone who is.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

tfbit wrote:Application of a hammer to the forward assist might get a .223 round chambered. Would be pretty interesting to pull the trigger...

i'm sorry, but even in jest, thats not appropriate. suggesting that someone hammer a cartridge into a chamber that the gun is not made for...... and then pull the trigger... oye.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
tfbit
Silent But Deadly

Post by tfbit »

Point out one person on this forum who would apply said hammer to the forward assist of their rifle and I will direct Darwin toward that person. I can see the warning sticker now... "USE OF HAMMER ON FORWARD ASSIST COULD RESULT IN DEATH".
plant.one wrote:
tfbit wrote:Application of a hammer to the forward assist might get a .223 round chambered. Would be pretty interesting to pull the trigger...

i'm sorry, but even in jest, thats not appropriate. suggesting that someone hammer a cartridge into a chamber that the gun is not made for...... and then pull the trigger... oye.
No matter what you read on the intarweb CCI450s and CCI41s ARE NOT BALLISTICALLY IDENTICAL with H110! I'm also not a intarweb lawyer so I don't argue with anyone who is.
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

I have one of those magpul snap caps in 556, and just out of curiosity i put it in a mag and dropped the bolt release on it in my 300. No way it'll chamber. It'll jam your rifle though, had to tap it out with a cleaning rod.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

tfbit wrote:Point out one person on this forum who would apply said hammer to the forward assist of their rifle and I will direct Darwin toward that person. I can see the warning sticker now... "USE OF HAMMER ON FORWARD ASSIST COULD RESULT IN DEATH".
plant.one wrote:

i wasnt suggesting any regular of the forum would try as such, but lots of idiots are out there on google (and bing, etc) searching for stuff. if you dont think so, next time you're near a mall (or anyplace else where people congregate) take a look around and see how many of them are walking around with their noses stuck in their phone almost tripping on their own two feet.

so do i think anyone here would try it? probably not. do i think there's some dumbass out there typing "223 in blackout" or something similar on google who might be dumb enough to take a hammer to their FA .. yea.. i can bet there is.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.