Are Competition Cancellations Widespread?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

TCustoms
Silent Operator

Re: Are Competition Cancellations Widespread?

Post by TCustoms »

It's never happened here. Ever
Here is Louisiana

We shoot all year long and have at least one USPSA match every weekend and a steel match once a month within 60 min drive. 3 Gun we have 2 times a month within that same 60 min. drive.
The USPSA matches draw 70+ shooters just about every match.
68Guy
Silent But Deadly

Post by 68Guy »

Well our cancellations here in Denver have nothing to do with ammo availability - it is cold. We love to shoot but lets face it, when the outside temp gets into the mid 30's, it is REALLY hard to get a good trigger press when you cant feel your fingers. Weather is "iffy" during the Winter months so some times we will still be able to run our matches but Dec - Jan are very questionable. If weather is conducive - we go!
Retired USAFR, NRA Life Member, NSSF, IDPA Range Safety Officer, GSSF member. Multiple ARs including 5.56 M4, 6.8 SPC II and suppressed 300BLK 8" SBR.
68Guy
Silent But Deadly

Post by 68Guy »

OK I am going to revise the last posting I made in this thread a while back. I am not 100% positive WHAT the issue is but the International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) has NOT had a major match here in Colorado since 2013 when the liberal Dem's rammed a bill through the house to limit magazine capacity to 15 and require F2F sale background checks. I know right after that took place, IDPA cancelled the state match to basically thumb their noses at the law and deny the state the income from all the out of state participants. Well there have still been no matches in 2014 or 2015! I had to sign up and go shoot state matches in Texas and Arizona because we don't have any! So obviously the weather isn't the only "cold" climate here in Colorado - politics is the same....
Retired USAFR, NRA Life Member, NSSF, IDPA Range Safety Officer, GSSF member. Multiple ARs including 5.56 M4, 6.8 SPC II and suppressed 300BLK 8" SBR.
danner
Silent But Deadly

Post by danner »

Our winter rimfire bullseye match has been canceled for the last couple of years due to lack of 22LR ammo.
Someone who is ruled by the "discretion" of another is, to that extent, a slave.
hoser
Silent But Deadly

Post by hoser »

68Guy wrote:OK I am going to revise the last posting I made in this thread a while back. I am not 100% positive WHAT the issue is but the International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) has NOT had a major match here in Colorado since 2013 when the liberal Dem's rammed a bill through the house to limit magazine capacity to 15 and require F2F sale background checks. I know right after that took place, IDPA cancelled the state match to basically thumb their noses at the law and deny the state the income from all the out of state participants. Well there have still been no matches in 2014 or 2015! I had to sign up and go shoot state matches in Texas and Arizona because we don't have any! So obviously the weather isn't the only "cold" climate here in Colorado - politics is the same....

Lack of match staff willing to take on the huge ordeal of a state level match... That is why we have not had a state match in a while.

I was the MD/RM for many Colorado state matches from 99-2008.