Comp for 300 Blk

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Comp for 300 Blk

Post by L1A1Rocker »

300Blk wrote:
hoser wrote:I am using a Bennie Hill Rolling Thunder.

LOL! But the wrong Benny. This is the GM class IPSC shooter in Corpus Christi. I went to high school with one of his sons and shot IPSC with him in Corpus. Heck of a nice guy.

I did not know he had one of his products make national distribution. Congrats Benny!!
hoser
Silent But Deadly

Post by hoser »

Well in all fairness, that does look a little like Bennie. Add in a knee brace and they could be twins...
snipecatcher
Silent But Deadly

Post by snipecatcher »

hoser wrote:Well in all fairness, that does look a little like Bennie. Add in a knee brace and they could be twins...
Haha. He moves quickly for a short stout guy with bad knees. I just shot a carbine match with him this past weekend. Over the course of 5 stages, his time was 30 seconds faster than mine with less penalties.

My carbine weighs 10.5 lbs and has very little recoil with a Miculek brake. I shot Benny's carbine this past weekend and it has even less recoil. It seems like it only shudders when you pull the trigger. It only weighs 7.5 lbs. He knows his shit.

-Dan
SomeOtherGuy
Senior Silent Operator

Post by SomeOtherGuy »

I did some very brief testing with an ST Dynacomp .308 on my DSA 16" and was very pleasantly surprised at its effectiveness. Felt recoil and rise were below what I find with a 5.56 16" midlength with an A2, and in fact only a little more than a 16" midlength with an ST Dynacomp.
|||Honey Badger is my co-pilot, God has overwatch.|||
elitejake
Silent Operator

Post by elitejake »

I like my voltor I have. A bit of ping but it works great.