Anyone Else use a 300 in comp yet?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

fastfive0

Anyone Else use a 300 in comp yet?

Post by fastfive0 »

At the begining of the summer my girl competed with her new 300blk suppressed at a local carbine match. By now I'm sure most have seen her vids on youtube. Has anyone else been active with one in competion?
LeftEyeMike
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Anyone Else use a 300 in comp yet?

Post by LeftEyeMike »

I plan to do so next year, i still need to finish my build, and around here most comps are in the spring. ( trap and clays are the fall game around here)
fastfive0

Post by fastfive0 »

funny you should say that, I just started shooting trap this year and will be out again on sunday!
LeftEyeMike
Senior Silent Operator

Post by LeftEyeMike »

Trap, five stand, skeet, sporting.... their addictive. I think its the instant response from the target that has me hooked.
Resolute

Post by Resolute »

A shooter on my squad, who I introduced to the 300blk 6 mos ago, shot the rifle portion of the club 3 gun match with his 300blk.
He was shooting Major Power Factor with a Delta Company 18" barrel.
hoser
Silent But Deadly

Post by hoser »

I shot my 9 inch 300 in a match last month. I did fine but the targets were pretty close, all inside 250 yards.

Good times, but past 200 yards the 223 and 308 really outshine the 300 Blackout. Even more-so with a 9 inch gun.

I meant to shoot a Sniper Match with my 300 bolt gun, but the year is getting away from me fast.
boonee

Post by boonee »

hoser: got my brass today, Thanks! Loaded some up,optics on, range time lined up! Sorry didn't mean to hi jack the thread.
ON Target Tactical Supply 07 FFL/SOT
www.ontargettacticalsupply.com
Magpul, VooDoo Tactical, EOTech in stock!
Coming soon: www.OTTSTAC.com
snipecatcher
Silent But Deadly

Post by snipecatcher »

I normally shoot a .223 in the local carbine/3gun matches. I've got one set up specifically for that, and it does an excellent job. The longest range we shoot here is less than 80 yards, so it's all about speed. I am going to use my 10" 300 BLK one of these days just for S's & G's. It will put me at a major disadvantage vs. my .223, but it will be good practice with the rifle. Maybe next month.
Garrett
Silent But Deadly

Post by Garrett »

We've got a local 2-gun match that leans to the tacticool end of the spectrum. But it's still fun to shoot from time to time.

Now that silencers are legal here I'm thinking of shooting their match suppressed / subsonic. They have a maximium distance of 100 yds on their range, so I shouldn't be at any disadvantage vs. the .223 shooters. It'll make for a slightly muzzle-heavy gun running a 16 inch gun with a 30-cal can.

Of course, I'd have to convince them to let me use a "race" holster for my handgun, since I don't have any other holster that will work with a can attached. They tend to shy away from using competitive equipment, even when it works.
Joelogic

Post by Joelogic »

I have shot my 300BLK in a couple of matches and I even won my division (3rd overall) at a rifle only local area championship. They have a division that they call big bore and its only 1 shot per target instead of the usual 2. Nice advantage.

http://www.3gunrules.com/barc_main.php