CQB course

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

badguybuster
Silent But Deadly

CQB course

Post by badguybuster »

While not competition except between students, i took my newly built Seekins 300 blackout to a CQB course. It was a blast. 1200 carbine and 500 pistol rounds over 3 days. There was a lot of house clearing, shooting while moving, etc. You could definitely tell i was firing a bigger round. I used Georgia arms ammo mostly after several blown primers with Freedom Munitions. I had to switch to a 223 for the last day as we were using SRTA ammo. On a side note, the vortex viper pst
1-4×24 worked awesome!!
Dyin aint much of a livin' boy
vz58
Silent But Deadly

Re: CQB course

Post by vz58 »

Several guys I know have used their issued automatic blackouts at various CQB training and competitions and they are usually popular to swap out with other guys. I don't have the 1*4 but I do have the 1*6 viper and it is very nice, of course its on an M14 so a little different.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

Sounds like some sweet trigger time. A class like that is always a hoot. Better still if the job pays you and gives you the ammo. Did that happen or was it on your dime?

I just did a designated marksman course but took my 5.56 Noveske SBR, Work was buying the 5.56 ammo buty wouldn’t ante up for 300blk ammo! I should have bit the bullet and bought myown and shot the blk.
vz58
Silent But Deadly

Post by vz58 »

1500 black a year on some one else's dime.
badguybuster
Silent But Deadly

Post by badguybuster »

All on my dime. i retired 2 years ago but wanted to refresh some skills. Other than hunting ive hardly shot in those 2 years and was feeling pretty rusty. Also, the cmc 3.5 flat trigger is awesome!!! I was .48 (my fastest) on my carbine hammered pairs were at 7 yards going from the ready. My carbine double tap transition to hand gun hammered pairs were 1.32 seconds. My accuracy wasnt as good as it used to be but i was getting it done. All in all i had a blast.
TRshootem
Silent But Deadly

Post by TRshootem »

Damn sweet times, wouldn't want to be your home invasion perp. You got skills man...
alamo5000
Silent But Deadly

Post by alamo5000 »

badguybuster wrote:the cmc 3.5 flat trigger is awesome!!!
You have exquisite tastes sir! 8)

That CMC single stage flat trigger is in every one of my AR's.
badguybuster
Silent But Deadly

Post by badguybuster »

Ya, i ordered a couple more. you cannot beat that trigger for the price.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

alamo5000 wrote:
badguybuster wrote:the cmc 3.5 flat trigger is awesome!!!
You have exquisite tastes sir! 8)

That CMC single stage flat trigger is in every one of my AR's.
I have one in my SBR lower.

With all the different uppers that I have for it, it's easy to say that it gets the most attention of all of them.

I also just wanted to make a small note, freedom munitions filed for chapter 11 a few weeks ago.

I'm not a fan of their ammo (especially their crappy 9mm cases that blew up in my face), although I do like the xtreme bullets 165 gr round nose 9mm pills. I've been using it exclusively for a while now in all of my suppressed pistol caliber carbines and such that I run a can on.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
badguybuster
Silent But Deadly

Post by badguybuster »

I saw the article. i was a bit surprised. i see their ammo all over the place. i contacted them about my issue and they were very helpful.