Change of Address While Form 4 Pending

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

FormerNavy
Silent But Deadly

Change of Address While Form 4 Pending

Post by FormerNavy »

I have a Form 4 pending for a suppressor... it will (hopefully) be approved around the December timeframe, but I am moving in October. I'm not sure what the implications are here... my concern is that when it's finally approved, it will now have an old address on the Form 4 and the dealer will have issues with the addresses not matching. This move is within the same state, and even the same city.

Anyone deal with anything like this, or have any comments/suggestions?

Also, I assume I have to notify ATF of the address change for all my existing NFA toys??
Alex Wilson
Silent But Deadly

Re: Change of Address While Form 4 Pending

Post by Alex Wilson »

I wouldn't worry about it. If you're moving within the same state then you are under no obligation to notify. If you want to notify, do it after it approved. It's not gonna change anything. Your suppressors are at the dealers location anyway. Just my .02

Make sure your mail gets forwarded for when your stamps get mailed!
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

Concur with Alex - this is a non issue.

Let your dealer know, perhaps give them your cell phone number or alternate way to contact you when the stamp come back to the FFL.
atar1

Post by atar1 »

I moved in state while waiting on a Form 4. I had no issue, I just needed my ID to reflect my new address when picking up the suppressor from the shop.