xdm threaded barrel issues

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

kamoto
Silent But Deadly

xdm threaded barrel issues

Post by kamoto »

I am having a really hard time locating them currently about 3 months now. and the only one i did get get. my gunsmith rejected and sent back for chamber issues. although i did get it refunded. it wont be coming back.

all the stores say sold out. and i even called like storm lake about eta on there next batch run and was told the demand wasn't high enough currently and it would be a while. so even if i back ordered it it would be min of 3 months b4 the start of their next run. yet alone shipping date...

can anybody point me in the direction of some in stock i will list what i am looking for.

xdm 4.5 service .40 S&W
threaded 40
threaded 357 sig conversion
threaded 9mm Conversion (if i can find this i will sell the other xdm)

xdm 4.5 service 9mm (i don't want this gun if i can get the barrel)
threaded 9mm

xdm 3.8 compact .45acp
threaded 45

xds 3.3 9mm
threaded 9mm
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Re: xdm threaded barrel issues

Post by golfindia »

Bar-Sto?
Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Storm Lake

ETA....oops just COMPLETELY read your post. My apologies
thisguysguns
Silent But Deadly

Post by thisguysguns »

Springfield has factory threaded barrels for their suppressor ready XDM 45 and XDM 9. Have you called them?
$1.35 a day... Best job I ever had.
thisguysguns
Silent But Deadly

Post by thisguysguns »

Check out Pistol Gear also.
https://www.pistolgear.com/proddetail.php?prod=34096

Some of their barrels are out of stock, but they've got the 40 XDM barrels.
$1.35 a day... Best job I ever had.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

thisguysguns wrote:Springfield has factory threaded barrels for their suppressor ready XDM 45 and XDM 9. Have you called them?
^^^^This^^^^
I have both the 9mm and the 45acp versions. Both can be had for under $600. My suggestion is sell your existing gun and buy one of these it will be cheaper in the long run. Oh and as far as suppressing the .40s&w it's a lousy cartridge to do. Sadly I love my .40's and probably shoot more of this caliber than any other but it just don't suppress well due to gas volume.
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

My glock 22 with.45 ospery supresses well, I only use 180gr bullets when doing so. I also noticed a difference when using different powders. Winchester autocomp works well.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

steven11b wrote:My glock 22 with.45 ospery supresses well, I only use 180gr bullets when doing so. I also noticed a difference when using different powders. Winchester autocomp works well.
My pet load is a plated 180gn with 6.0 of Power Pistol and my can is an Octane 45. Tried it on a G27 and a G35. Not saying it didn't suppress ok but was loud compared to 9mm and .45acp. Actually way louder. I thought about purchasing another 9mm end cap for the Octane and having it milled out for the .40 but decided it's not worth it to me. I'll stick to the 9 and 45 suppressed and shoot the 40 unsuppressed.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

TMD wrote:Oh and as far as suppressing the .40s&w it's a lousy cartridge to do. Sadly I love my .40's and probably shoot more of this caliber than any other but it just don't suppress well due to gas volume.
I disagree. 180g 40 S&W is one of my favorite suppressed rounds to shoot in my osprey 45.

Suppressed 45acp is like shooting suppressed 308win. It really doesn't buy you too much, but, if you can, why not.
JoeHarley13
Silent But Deadly

Post by JoeHarley13 »

TMD wrote:
steven11b wrote:My glock 22 with.45 ospery supresses well, I only use 180gr bullets when doing so. I also noticed a difference when using different powders. Winchester autocomp works well.
My pet load is a plated 180gn with 6.0 of Power Pistol and my can is an Octane 45. Tried it on a G27 and a G35. Not saying it didn't suppress ok but was loud compared to 9mm and .45acp. Actually way louder. I thought about purchasing another 9mm end cap for the Octane and having it milled out for the .40 but decided it's not worth it to me. I'll stick to the 9 and 45 suppressed and shoot the 40 unsuppressed.
Power Pistol is known for 3 things, High velocity, Flashy and being very LOUD! It is probably the worst powder possible to use for a suppressed load.
Try a more suited powder, the best one I have used is Silhouette, followed by True Blue. I even had decent results with Unique. All 3 can easily surpass factory 180 loads of 950 FPS.
Other common powders that would work well would be Universal, W231/HP38 and possibly CFE Pistol (which I haven't tried yet).
Don't give up on supressed 40.