E-Forms Outage

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: E-Forms Outage

Post by smustian »

TMD wrote:
StevesSig226 wrote:I think sending that much in for the ATF isnt very business like. Its not cute either. That is going to take a long time to process...Much longer than normal..
So you're going to fault a business for being too successful? All that paperwork is CUSTOMERS paper work for silencers they purchased.
Yep. People trying to beat the deadline for 41F. Not the fault of Silencer Shop.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

StevesSig226 wrote:I think sending that much in for the ATF isnt very business like. Its not cute either. That is going to take a long time to process...Much longer than normal..
That's very business like. The cool kids call this phenomenon Capitalism.

That said, I think that Silencershop is the reason why E-form 4's got ditched.

$2 mil is a helluva lot of FTEs.
rangertrace

Post by rangertrace »

An ATF buddy of mine told me that they had received over 500,000 applications over the last 6 months......
StevesSig226

Post by StevesSig226 »

Maybe they should process and mail in the paperwork as soon as they get it. Why wait? If they need to hire more people, there are people without jobs quite capable of putting paperwork in an envelope and mailing it.
Wasnt trying to upset the forum, just good business to get rid of admin asap.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

StevesSig226 wrote:Maybe they should process and mail in the paperwork as soon as they get it. Why wait? If they need to hire more people, there are people without jobs quite capable of putting paperwork in an envelope and mailing it.
Wasnt trying to upset the forum, just good business to get rid of admin asap.
Being that you are talking about the government, the additional people cannot be fired once the backlog is gone, so what do you do with them? I guess the ATF could be like many agencies where the employees actually do 2 1/2 days of work and collect full pay.
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampDog_13 »

I believe Steve was referring to silencershop hiring more people not the batf smus.

That load of paperwork was probably turned around as quick as silencershop could have done it. Just like you're saying the batf is swamped Steve, so is silencershop.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

rangertrace wrote:An ATF buddy of mine told me that they had received over 500,000 applications over the last 6 months......
I heard the same thing from one of my local class III dealers.