Executive orders

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Executive orders

Post by steven11b »

I do not recall D. Trump saying he would repeal every executive order Obama has implemented, however I know it has been said before from other conservative candidates.

With that said, if Trump was to get elected and start to look at repealing executive orders what is the chance the recent NFA/Trust changes would even make it to his desk?

And has anyone heard of any lawsuits over the legality of the recent trust rules?
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Re: Executive orders

Post by DoubleJ »

I don't think Trump is a gun guy. I think he's a money guy, and right now guns are money, so he's ok with them. I'm only expecting him to leave them alone if he gets in, not dedicate his life to destroying them like what's her face and that goon that's in there now.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
TreeTopFlier
Silent But Deadly

Post by TreeTopFlier »

The short answer is...you have a lot better chance with DJT than with hitlery.

The long answer is... Both his sons are into shooting sports, hunting, reloading etc. So I am guessing they find the same things annoying as we do, especially living in NY. If your dad was president and the previous antigun pres made a bunch of pointless executive actions, what would you push dad to do?

That said, I don't get the impression that Donald is a big gun guy one way or the other. I just think his sons have some sway on him in with this issue.
I build the #TTFPowderStand for the Lee Turret Press

http://www.youtube.com/user/TreeTopFlier
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

I agree, I know hes not a big gun guy as I have seen him in interviews in the past saying there should be another AWB and such. But the fact that the 41F law never even made it in any news articles I am not sure it would even come across his desk that it was passed. Or maybe he has totally flipped his ideas as he has said and he will repeal this bullshit pronto!
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Post by mbogo »

Trump's sons are hunters and "gun guys".

Presented with a cogent argument, 41F, the stupid SiG brace opinion (the second one), the ban on importation of M1 Garands and Carbines from South Korea, the 7N6 ban, and others may be rolled back.

If the GOP can keep both houses, there is a half-decent chance that suppressors may be removed from the NFA.

Vote wisely, people. None of the above is even a remote possibility is the Dems win.

mbogo
ProdigalSun
Silent But Deadly

Post by ProdigalSun »

The demonrats take this, and the AWB assault weapons ban will be one of the first orders of business. Executive orders...They will start with semi autos and mags, anything NFA, and probably .50 calibers. After that, they will go after CCW holders. Expect a waiting period, training and possibly a registration or licensing program.

They will take what Obama has done, and run with it. Courts and law enforcement, instead of upholding their oaths, will simply blindly enforce whatever whomever passes into law, as they have done for decades.
NFA Not F**king American

It would be less disrespectful to burn the flag than to put a thin blue line through the middle of it.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

steven11b wrote:.

With that said, if Trump was to get elected and start to look at repealing executive orders what is the chance the recent NFA/Trust changes would even make it to his desk?
i dont think that had anything to do with an EO so doubtful trump could do anything about it. AFAIK it was just a BATFE rules change, not related to an executive order of any sort.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
ProdigalSun
Silent But Deadly

Post by ProdigalSun »

Yep, because who needs all the messiness of constitutions and the whole law making process, its so cumbersome and time consuming, who needs it? See the .gov and I have something in common, neither of us believe in, or practice following laws.
NFA Not F**king American

It would be less disrespectful to burn the flag than to put a thin blue line through the middle of it.
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

plant.one wrote:
steven11b wrote:.

i dont think that had anything to do with an EO so doubtful trump could do anything about it. AFAIK it was just a BATFE rules change, not related to an executive order of any sort.
It was 100% an executive order
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-of ... d-make-our
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

steven11b wrote:I do not recall D. Trump saying he would repeal every executive order Obama has implemented, however I know it has been said before from other conservative candidates.

And has anyone heard of any lawsuits over the legality of the recent trust rules?
Honestly, I'm surprised that the whole trust deal lasted as long as it did. The only reason 99% of us used them was the CLEO signoff. That's gone.