SBR build, e-file or paper with a trust?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Re: SBR build, e-file or paper with a trust?

Post by golfindia »

Moving out of state requires a 5320.20, and you'll have to amend your trust with new address. I think you have to get the 5320.20 approved before you move. If so, plan ahead, I did it once and it took a month.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

golfindia wrote:300 isn't the caliber, 308 is.
Explain, please. How about 7.62mm?
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

bangbangping wrote:
7.62 is also the caliber, in millimeters. Or you could use 7.62x10^7 angstroms, I suppose

If form 1 asked what bore size my rifle is, I would put 300. But that's not the caliber.

But, then again, what do I know.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

golfindia wrote:
bangbangping wrote:
7.62 is also the caliber, in millimeters. Or you could use 7.62x10^7 angstroms, I suppose

If form 1 asked what bore size my rifle is, I would put 300. But that's not the caliber.

The last e-form I filled out, the only two choices in the drop down were 556 and 300, no decimal. Form approved using 300.

It doesn't have to make sense, to be what they accept.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

golfindia wrote:
bangbangping wrote:

Sorry, golfindia, I set you up. I apologize. 7.62mm is exactly 300". :mrgreen:

There doesn't seem to be a single agreed upon definition of caliber. Depends on who your reference is, and what they're measuring. I tend to go with bore, as in .30 caliber and .22 caliber. Of course that falls apart with .45 caliber, unless you're talking about a .45-70.
Predator257

Post by Predator257 »

How does the whole engraving thing work? I have one now and the lower I'm registering as well. Nothing is engraved. Just engrave the trust name, or does the location have to be on it? Location doesn't make sense if you move, which inevitably the weapon would do over time with a trust. It's just something I had seen/heard. What is required there to be 100% legit?
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Predator257 wrote:How does the whole engraving thing work? I have one now and the lower I'm registering as well. Nothing is engraved. Just engrave the trust name, or does the location have to be on it? Location doesn't make sense if you move, which inevitably the weapon would do over time with a trust. It's just something I had seen/heard. What is required there to be 100% legit?
It doesn't matter if you move later. The location is at the time the item is made. Yes, you need trust name and location, and only the state may be abbreviated (something to think about before coming up with a trust name), like this:

The John Byron and Matilda Anne Smith and Children National Firearms Act Revokeable Trust of 2016
Anytown, AK

BTW, this is the ATF and our stupid gun laws. The sooner you get over "making sense" the better. :mrgreen:
Predator257

Post by Predator257 »

Thanks, trust name on s short. Wasn't sure what I needed to do. Guess I need to engrave.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

bangbangping wrote:
Sorry, golfindia, I set you up. I apologize. 7.62mm is exactly 300". :mrgreen:

There doesn't seem to be a single agreed upon definition of caliber. Depends on who your reference is, and what they're measuring. I tend to go with bore, as in .30 caliber and .22 caliber. Of course that falls apart with .45 caliber, unless you're talking about a .45-70.
I can convert mm to inches, I'm not an idiot. Putting .30 caliber will work. That includes many different things, so it's probably not a bad option. Like I wrote earlier, put whatever you want. Just don't use letters.
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

golfindia wrote:
steven11b wrote:
golfindia wrote:E-form is the only way to go. With all the drop down menus, you really have try hard to mess anything up.

300 isn't the caliber, 308 is. But I've seen stranger things get approved. Just don't put letters in the caliber box.
As I said in another topic a few days ago, I used 300 on my Eform and it was approved.
You could have also put .299 or .301. These would also be approved. They still don't accurately denote what caliber your rifle is....
I believe thats your opinion, as the caliber isnt .308 either.

My approved form 4 SiCo omega also has 300 listed as caliber.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne