eForms screw up, any advice?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

realtreehunter
Silent But Deadly

eForms screw up, any advice?

Post by realtreehunter »

Almost two months ago I filled out my first eform 1 at work and in a hurry as lunch was almost over. (see where this is going?) I was just filling out a second form one and was looking back at my first to compare notes and I noticed 3 things I am concerned about.
1. now on the submitted form it is telling me that I forgot to add reason form making,
2. I put down 300 for caliber
3. I forgot the dash in my serial number. instead of SBR-XXXXX I put SBR XXXXX
Is there a number I should call? should I just fill out another eform for the same lower, or should I at this point just go ahead and go the paper route?
I guess this is what I get for dragging my feet.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: eForms screw up, any advice?

Post by smustian »

There was a thread not long ago where people told of their rejection letters due to mistakes. End result of all was that the person needed to refile and go to the end of the line. Since you have not been notified yet you can either wait for the disapproval or if you have the cash, cancel the original and file another Form 1. Refunds on the original should be around 30 days. They are swamped right now and are not doing corrections like in the past. You still have until the 12th to get it done.
realtreehunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by realtreehunter »

smustian wrote:There was a thread not long ago where people told of their rejection letters due to mistakes. End result of all was that the person needed to refile and go to the end of the line. Since you have not been notified yet you can either wait for the disapproval or if you have the cash, cancel the original and file another Form 1. Refunds on the original should be around 30 days. They are swamped right now and are not doing corrections like in the past. You still have until the 12th to get it done.
Yeah, I remember the thread but couldn't remember if it was no corrections period or no corrections after the disapproval notification. I was thinking I would most likely have to do just that. Just looked back at it again to see where to cancel that one and don't see the option, also don't remember that huge red banner saying there was an error on the form. :oops: :evil:

How would I cancel it? I have the cash but as usual that's not what I wanted to spend it on, so much for that Geissele National Match trigger that's on sale at PSA. :cry:
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

You can call them to cancel it, or you can go into eForms and cancel it.

For 'Reason', simply put 'Any Lawful Purpose'. Some choose 'All' instead of 'Any'.

300 is ok as a caliber. Obviously, 308 or 7.62 is better. Either way, your disapproval will be because you didn't put a reason. I'm surprised it let you submit without stating a reason, however.

The dash (or lack thereof) shouldn't be a major factor WRT the serial number. The dash is, I believe, NOT part of the serial number. Having said that, if you are going to resubmit anyways, it won't hurt to put the dash in.
realtreehunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by realtreehunter »

I read somewhere that you should put "any legal purpose" or "all legal purposes" except if your in NC then you should put "research and development". Is that still the case?

At this point I don't know if I should be kicking myself for dragging my feet or for getting in a hurry.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

Certainly not authoratative, so...

https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2014/12/ ... na-an.html

Says it *used* to be required for MG transfers, now it's recommended to say anything else..

EG

Any Lawful Purpose
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

I've done two SBR's via efile and for reason I put "for all lawful purposes". Both got approved without issue.
realtreehunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by realtreehunter »

Sithlord wrote:Certainly not authoratative, so...

https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2014/12/ ... na-an.html

Says it *used* to be required for MG transfers, now it's recommended to say anything else..

EG

Any Lawful Purpose
I went and read that and the date, that was after I first got my trust and after I had been told that a few times. After looking up an old thread I had saved on doing a form 1 silencer that said to use "research and development" I noticed that it was also from 2012, so great, I'll use "Any lawful purpose".
TMD wrote:I've done two SBR's via efile and for reason I put "for all lawful purposes". Both got approved without issue.
The whole "research and development" thing was something to do with some NC law. I think it only applied to NC from the things I have read.
realtreehunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by realtreehunter »

Would I need to call the ATF Help desk @ 877-875-3723 to cancel or can someone point me to where on the eforms site to cancel it?
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Realtree, I put "any legal purpose".
I would call and talk to someone. They can be surprisingly helpful!
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.