Last minute Form 1 questions.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

blues addict

Last minute Form 1 questions.

Post by blues addict »

Sorry but this is a last moment decision. Going to do 4 SBRs. Figure it would be easier to ask questions than spend 2 days searching and still screw up. I am doing paper not Efile.

1) I have had a trust for years for my cans but never attempted a form 1. Question 2 on form, individual or legal entity. I
have heard both but my gut says legal entity.(Trust)
2) Question 4D? Using LMT Defender 2000 for 1 of them so model would be "Defender 2000"?
3) Caliber? I know 300 Blackout will not cut it. What have most of you guys put and had engraved? Have heard
300 or 762.
4) 4 separate envelopes mailed or can you do 4 envelopes in 1 larger mailer / usps type?
5) Question 8. Trust was done by attorney. I am listed as Settlor and a Trustee so Authorized Official would be Settlor?
6) Any web sites with info appreciated.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Last minute Form 1 questions.

Post by smustian »

blues addict wrote:Sorry but this is a last moment decision. Going to do 4 SBRs. Figure it would be easier to ask questions than spend 2 days searching and still screw up. I am doing paper not Efile.

1) I have had a trust for years for my cans but never attempted a form 1. Question 2 on form, individual or legal entity. I
have heard both but my gut says legal entity.(Trust) Corporation or other Business Entity
2) Question 4D? Using LMT Defender 2000 for 1 of them so model would be "Defender 2000"? Whatever is on the lower for the model
3) Caliber? I know 300 Blackout will not cut it. What have most of you guys put and had engraved? Have heard
300 or 762. 30 for the caliber is fine. If you want .308 or 7.62 go for it. The lower will only need the Trust Name, City/State engraved.
4) 4 separate envelopes mailed or can you do 4 envelopes in 1 larger mailer / usps type? I would do 4 separate envelopes with tracking. Never know with the post office these days.
5) Question 8. Trust was done by attorney. I am listed as Settlor and a Trustee so Authorized Official would be Settlor? Your name
6) Any web sites with info appreciated. Check youtube. There is probably one there.

Info taken from my e-file submission.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

You can send everything in one envelope.

8 copies of your trust, two copies of each form. Separate checks for each. Put them in individual envelopes and put all 4 envelopes in a box. Done.

Here's a web site that talks about filling out a Form 1:
https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/form1

Use .308 or 7.62 for the caliber. I don't worry about 'alternate configurations' (barrel length, caliber, ...).

Rest is as smus said.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

I just do not trust the post office Sith. I sent cards to an address 50 miles away from me and twice they have shown up 6 months later. I have ordered things from ebay and they went from NC to Washington state then back to VA. Go figure that one out. If you want to use 1 package at least put tracking on it. Even better signature required. They take better care of those items.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

smustian wrote:I just do not trust the post office Sith. I sent cards to an address 50 miles away from me and twice they have shown up 6 months later. I have ordered things from ebay and they went from NC to Washington state then back to VA. Go figure that one out. If you want to use 1 package at least put tracking on it. Even better signature required. They take better care of those items.

priority mail express flat rate envelope would probably serve those requirements quite well

yes, they're almost $23, but with $800 worth of checks in there, plus all the forms, and copies of the trusts, etc... its probably the best option the post office can offer you. Since its next day service - with a delivery guarantee or you get your $ back - as smus said, this is something they're going to keep an eye on and make sure it gets there. thats $5.75 per lower in mailing costs for your form1's for overnight delivery with tracking.

signature confirmation is an additional $5.70, your cost per trust still comes in under $7.25 per lower.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.