how bad did i screw myself

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

joe300
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:12 pm

how bad did i screw myself

Post by joe300 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:17 pm

I just sent in a form 4 for a suppressor. I totally forgot to put in the trust paper work in the envelope. so my question is for the folks that have possible been in my situation or the folks that my know the answer to my questions. am I just better off to wait until I here something form the ATf? or should I try to head this off sooner? also, I have submitted a form 4 to the ATF earlier this year with the trust paper work. maybe a shot In the dark but they couldn't use that paperwork per chance? well again thanks for any help on this situation.

BulletFlight for Android
User avatar
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 861
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:50 pm
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: how bad did i screw myself

Post by Sithlord » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:47 pm

I'd call NFA branch and ask for their recommendation.

I would mail off another submission and include the trust (and another check for $200). Maybe even put in a hold for the previous check with your bank.

I doubt that the ATF would reuse trust documents from a previous submission. And even if they would, they wouldn't do it without you informing them of the issue.

joe300
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:12 pm

Re: how bad did i screw myself

Post by joe300 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:13 pm

Sithlord wrote:I'd call NFA branch and ask for their recommendation.

I would mail off another submission and include the trust (and another check for $200). Maybe even put in a hold for the previous check with your bank.

I doubt that the ATF would reuse trust documents from a previous submission. And even if they would, they wouldn't do it without you informing them of the issue.

Thanks for the input. I emailed them and see if I hear back from them. If not I will give them a call. Thanks again.

User avatar
r.tenorio671
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:41 am

Re: how bad did i screw myself

Post by r.tenorio671 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:24 pm

joe300 wrote:
Sithlord wrote:I'd call NFA branch and ask for their recommendation.

I would mail off another submission and include the trust (and another check for $200). Maybe even put in a hold for the previous check with your bank.

I doubt that the ATF would reuse trust documents from a previous submission. And even if they would, they wouldn't do it without you informing them of the issue.

Thanks for the input. I emailed them and see if I hear back from them. If not I will give them a call. Thanks again.
...it's a government agency, I'd recommend calling them and once they answer, log the date, time and name of individual you speak to as well as their department, especially if you experience a lot of call transfers....

...emails have a tendency to end up in the "bit bucket", disappearing into the realms of cyberspace and "never received land"... :roll:

batman4706
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:48 am

Re: how bad did i screw myself

Post by batman4706 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:01 am

Here is the email for a supervisor who has helped a lot of people, try him.

[email protected].

joe300
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:12 pm

Re: how bad did i screw myself

Post by joe300 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:20 am

Thanks again for all the advice. If I don't get a email response I will try calling them. Thanks again.

joe300
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:12 pm

Re: how bad did i screw myself

Post by joe300 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:52 am

well just got off the phone with a lady at the nfa branch. not good. she said the only hopes of heading this off before a complete rejection and paperwork sent back is to try and call in about 6 weeks and see if its in the system and possible catch it before a rejection and get them the trust paperwork. so I will try this and hopefully it works. she also reminded me that if its rejected and then I have to resubmit after july then there is more involved with the new policies coming into play which I'm aware of and would suck due to more paperwork. well any way she was nice and helpful just gave me answers I didn't really want to hear, but knew were coming. thanks again for all you advice guys.

ProdigalSun
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:54 pm

Re: how bad did i screw myself

Post by ProdigalSun » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:56 pm

Thanks. Sounds like they have you shooting in the dark.
NFA Not F**king American

It would be less disrespectful to burn the flag than to put a thin blue line through the middle of it.

joe300
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:12 pm

Re: how bad did i screw myself

Post by joe300 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:45 pm

so here is a quick update. one of the people I emailed at the atf replied back. she said and I quote, email me your trust and when you application is put in it will be flagged to come see her. she has a copy of the trust and will then hand it to the person working on my application and presto. we hope. we will see they just got payment on the 6th so it will be awhile before we see if this plays out the way she says. but I did have multiple email exchanges with her and she did seem very helpful. wish me luck.

User avatar
dellet
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 6416
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: how bad did i screw myself

Post by dellet » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:05 am

joe300 wrote:so here is a quick update. one of the people I emailed at the atf replied back. she said and I quote, email me your trust and when you application is put in it will be flagged to come see her. she has a copy of the trust and will then hand it to the person working on my application and presto. we hope. we will see they just got payment on the 6th so it will be awhile before we see if this plays out the way she says. but I did have multiple email exchanges with her and she did seem very helpful. wish me luck.
All agents I have talked to have been very helpful. Calls have always been returned, generally within a day.

Make sure you save the email exchange, Since you mailed in the Form 4, did you possibly make a copy of it? If you did it would be worth including that and a copy of the check with your trust when you send it.

Good luck, for the most part I have found the folks there really do want to keep people out of trouble, and will help any way they can.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.

Post Reply