NFA Tracker info

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

keith13b
Senior Silent Operator

Re: NFA Tracker info

Post by keith13b »

keith13b wrote:For those that follow. My paper F1 Trust went pending 01/12/16 and was approved 06/29/16. So about 5 1/5 months. Still waiting for the stamp.....
Update. Stamp Arrived 7/11/16 in case others are looking for examples.
Diablo

Post by Diablo »

http://www.nfatracker.com/reports.aspx

Are these graphs very accurate?
trabikoenig
Silent Operator

Post by trabikoenig »

Being a computer programmer I wouldn't trust them exactly as they say. It is a calculation of what regular people (you and me) enter in as data, not the ATF. Therefore there is a margin of error that is to be expected. That being said, I think it is a good estimate for me to see about when to expect my forms to be approved.

What I have been doing is downloading the XLS file (click the link at the bottom of the main page). Open that in excel and set the top row as a filter. Then I am filtering by suppressor/sbr and then sorting the data by the stamp received or approved column. Then I can see, according to people, those stamps that are being received/approved now. Then I compare when they say their check was cashed to when my check was cashed. Hope this makes sense, it does to me.

For example: Downloaded the file just now. Looking at the reported form 4 stamps received for the last week the average (just glancing over the data) check cashed date looks to be end of February/first week of March. This coincides with what people have said on this forum. My form 4 check was cashed March 20th. So my guess would be that I have at least another two or three weeks before I should really be expecting my stamp to arrive. Then because of the way ATF things seem to go I am adding another week or two so I don't go insane. I am hoping for the end of October or first of November for my Form 4.
We believe that all men are justified in defending themselves ... from the unlawful assaults and encroachments of all persons in times of exigency - D&C 134:11
Diablo

Post by Diablo »

[quote="trabikoenig"]Being a computer programmer I wouldn't trust them exactly as they say. It is a calculation of what regular people (you and me) enter in as data, not the ATF. Therefore there is a margin of error that is to be expected. That being said, I think it is a good estimate for me to see about when to expect my forms to be approved.

What I have been doing is downloading the XLS file (click the link at the bottom of the main page). Open that in excel and set the top row as a filter. Then I am filtering by suppressor/sbr and then sorting the data by the stamp received or approved column. Then I can see, according to people, those stamps that are being received/approved now. Then I compare when they say their check was cashed to when my check was cashed. Hope this makes sense, it does to me.

For example: Downloaded the file just now. Looking at the reported form 4 stamps received for the last week the average (just glancing over the data) check cashed date looks to be end of February/first week of March. This coincides with what people have said on this forum. My form 4 check was cashed March 20th. So my guess would be that I have at least another two or three weeks before I should really be expecting my stamp to arrive. Then because of the way ATF things seem to go I am adding another week or two so I don't go insane. I am hoping for the end of October or first of November for my Form 4.

I'm not very excel savvy and not sure how to set the filter, but I get your gist. Thanks.
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

The data is only as accurate as the people entering it... You can look down the first page of data and see things like Form 4s where they have the "e-file" box checked (e-file has not been available for Form 4 for a couple years at least), and other obvious errors. That said, it's still a valuable tool if you can recognize the difference between BS entries and valid ones.