9mm SBR Thread

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Re: 9mm SBR Thread

Post by ncorry »

farm use wrote:
certifiable wrote:I put the JP SCS in my wife's sbr. That being said, I have a 8.6oz buffer from a JR carbine "upgrade kit" I need to try out
Id love to put a JP SCS in this one but im not gona buy the spring and a new bolt for it. I talked to clint from heavy buffers yesterday and he recommended the 12 oz buffer since im going to be suppressed 100% of the time. So I may give that a try.
I use the normal 9mm buffer from PSA that came iwth my complete pistol Glock lower. I ran it that way for a while and then tried an AR10 carbine buffer spring in it and ended up snipping one or two coils off and found I like it better than the normal buffer spring that came with the 9mm lower. I don't know if PSA uses a special 9mm buffer spring or if it is the normal AR15 carbine buffer spring.
farm use
Silent But Deadly

Post by farm use »

I have thought about that ncorry, and still may try it. But I need weight, my uzi with same ammo and suppressor kicks brass about 3 feet at 3 Oclock. The AR spits them 8+ feet at 5 Oclock, so im trying to add mass to slow it down. The uzi bolt is very heavy which helps it, but the ARs is very light compared. Im thinking the 12 oz buffer would do the trick nicely.
HotGuns

Post by HotGuns »

Here's one that I SBR'ed and it runs like a scalded dog. I have a 3 lug QD on if for one of my 9MM cans to go on it. This one uses the Colt style 32 round magazines.

I'm loving the stock and that Trijicon MRO.

07/02 FFL
Maker of cool things to shoot...
HotGuns

Post by HotGuns »

One more picture...all SBR's

Can you tell I like SBR's?
07/02 FFL
Maker of cool things to shoot...