9mm SBR Thread

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

JFCisme

Re: 9mm SBR Thread

Post by JFCisme »

ncorry wrote:OK, I'm putting one of these together and waiting on parts. Trying to decide on a red dot or other sighting system. What's the 'best' 3x and under sight for $300?

Primary Arms makes a 1-6x that has an illuminated reticle and at 1x is great for CQB with both eyes open. I bought one for 3-gun and paid 269.00. Check out the reticle at their website.

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms ... -paps1-6x/
JFCisme

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."
Mark Twain
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

farm use
Silent But Deadly

Post by farm use »

OK guys help me out here. I recently helped a buddy assemble a AR 9mm SBR with a 8" barrel. I loved the way it felt and balanced. I already have a Uzi SBR and blkout SBR both suppressed. Now I'm thinking about building a AR 9mm SBR with dedicated glock mag lower. I'll mainly shoot 147gn subs through it, so the question is... 4.5" barrel or 6"? I'm leaning toward the 4.5" for short as possible and light.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

farm use wrote:OK guys help me out here. I recently helped a buddy assemble a AR 9mm SBR with a 8" barrel. I loved the way it felt and balanced. I already have a Uzi SBR and blkout SBR both suppressed. Now I'm thinking about building a AR 9mm SBR with dedicated glock mag lower. I'll mainly shoot 147gn subs through it, so the question is... 4.5" barrel or 6"? I'm leaning toward the 4.5" for short as possible and light.
I'm running 5" ADCO barrels.. In otherwords, right in the middle.... Even with a suppressor, it's super light and maneuverable.

Just my humble opinion..
jimmyheadgear
Silent But Deadly

Post by jimmyheadgear »

I love my QC10 4" barrel.
farm use
Silent But Deadly

Post by farm use »

I'd be happy with a 5" barrel! Been looking at some, what's a good barrel?
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

farm use wrote:I'd be happy with a 5" barrel! Been looking at some, what's a good barrel?
http://www.orionguns.com/AR-15-9mm-5-Ba ... mm-Bar.htm

Here's the one I went with. Primarily so that I wouldn't have to get a 1/2x36 adapter for my 9mm cans. I already had the 5/8x24. Have not shot it yet, but everything about the barrel looks great. I went with a PSA Glock complete pistol lower and a Vortex SPARC II. I think I am going to like it.
certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Post by certifiable »

I say go with the 4.5" barrel to keep it short. The 9mm sbr I put together for the wife has a 5" barrel from qc10. Its accurate but does not like to feed hp's. My mpx is getting chopped to 4.5" and running a tirant m, oal will only be 2" longer than the factory 8" barrel with out the can. Should look pretty sweet when finished
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

ncorry wrote:
Here's the one I went with. Primarily so that I wouldn't have to get a 1/2x36 adapter for my 9mm cans. I already had the 5/8x24. Have not shot it yet, but everything about the barrel looks great. I went with a PSA Glock complete pistol lower and a Vortex SPARC II. I think I am going to like it.
http://www.precisionreflex.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=186809

1/2x36 to 5/8x24 thread adapters. Thread on outside and inside so it's easy to just locktite to the barrel or inside of whatever. Still leaves plenty of shoulder on the barrel to tighten a can onto, at least on barrels I have.
jnutz19

Post by jnutz19 »

I submitted my form 1 to SBR my MPX last month... Patiently waiting for the approval :roll: