9mm SBR Thread

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

loranger
Senior Silent Operator

Re: 9mm SBR Thread

Post by loranger »

Another MPX.....

Blackout buddy in the middle and 5.56 buddy on the bottom.

jimmyheadgear
Silent But Deadly

Post by jimmyheadgear »

Last edited by jimmyheadgear on Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
jwise
Senior Silent Operator

Post by jwise »

I can't express to you how fun this little guy is to shoot!

J. Wise

[url=http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=81462]AR Guide[/url] -- [url=http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=107080]AK Guide[/url] -- [url=http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=107341]NFA Trust[/url]
JFCisme

Post by JFCisme »

I've had this SBR since 2007. It has a 5 inch TROS barrel with triple locking lugs. My suppressor is an SWR Trident. I use this in IDPA when they have the pistol caliber carbine (PCC) division. And more recently in the Steel challenge we have a multi-gun division. Using a sling and only five rounds in the PCC magazine you start at the low ready. After you fire your five shoots, let go of the rifle, draw your sidearm and shoot the 5 steel plates again. If you missed any with the rifle you have to make them up with the pistol and then start the five shot pistol string. Lots of fun and good practice to transition to your sidearm.

JFCisme

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."
Mark Twain
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

I just bought a PSA Glock pistol lower and their hybrid bolt. In the process of buying parts to build the upper. PSA's complete hybrid 9mm uppers use a slick side/ no FA or deflector upper receiver.

Is there an advantage on a 9mm upper to have a shell deflector or not having one? I see lots of 9mm uppers built both ways.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

A regular AR shell deflector on a 9mm doesn't do anything. Brass goes 25' in the 4 o'clock direction no matter what.

I've never tried one of those special 9mm deflectors, they look ridiculous.
JFCisme

Post by JFCisme »

The brass deflector is for left handed shooters. This feature is on all mil-spec M-16 and the AR-15 family. Next to the brass deflector on a 9mm carbine there is a gas deflector. It is a functional piece of equipment that should be on all 9mm carbines. It is not ridiculous. The following photo shows the remains of a 9mm round that did not make it into the chamber. It became a grenade. The shooter did not sustain injury from the flying pieces of brass or hot gasses, because this piece of plastic was in the path, hence the name gas deflector.

JFCisme

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."
Mark Twain
Overton-AR
Silent But Deadly

Post by Overton-AR »

9mm AR Pistol.....for now.... - (SBR Stamp Submitted)

- LOWER -
Receiver - New Frontier Armory C-9
Brace - Shockwave (LWRC Ultra Compact added later)
Grip - Magpul MOE+
Trigger - ALG Defense
Custom BAD Lever (Milled to work with side charger)
Mags - ETS 22 w/ Magpul Speedplates

- UPPER -
Receiver - New Frontier Armory Side Charger
Barrel - 4.5" 9mm Gorilla 1/2" x 28
Rail - 10" Bravo Company KMR Alpha
Optic - Primary Arms ADS / Larue LT-751
Sights - Magpul MBUS Gen 2

- Suppressor -
9mm (Form 1)

ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

OK, I'm putting one of these together and waiting on parts. Trying to decide on a red dot or other sighting system. What's the 'best' 3x and under sight for $300?
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

ncorry wrote:OK, I'm putting one of these together and waiting on parts. Trying to decide on a red dot or other sighting system. What's the 'best' 3x and under sight for $300?
Best is obviously subjective, especially given the number of possible variables (distances, target size, weight, eye sight, ...)

For me, I prefer a 1x holographic sight on the 9mm; it's not a long range gun (50 yards is about max for me with it).

My wife has a $80 SightMark that works really well (we both prefer the multi reticle options). It's a bit larger than I would have liked in a holo, but it gets the job done and holds zero.

I'll post a pic later...