ATF WTH?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

phatdad
Silent Operator

ATF WTH?

Post by phatdad »

I had to create a new Eforms password for reasons unknown. After doing so I logged out and tried to log back in and was give the pop-up message "account LOCKED due to too many log in attempts. Please call 1-877..." It only was my first attempt at logging in.
I called the number provided to get it unlocked. The guy that took my call stated "I can't unlock your account, all I can do is reset your password. If you want your account unlocked you must contact so and so." I said "but this is the phone number that was included in the lockout message." Sir you will have to contact so and so. Would you like me to reset your password?"
Unlock, reset what's the difference? Are these people just trying to complicate simple things?
:roll:
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: ATF WTH?

Post by smustian »

Hope you just had them reset the password. Make sure that EVERY character/number/symbol, etc are EXACTLY like you entered otherwise you are screwed.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

The ATF does not have to make sense. I have contacted both the Fayetteville and Raleigh Field offices this week to get a simple question answered about Suppressors. Nether office could even come close to answering my question and referred me to the Technical division. Although one agent said she would get back to me that afternoon and that was 3 days ago. Calling the Technical division is a waste, no one answers the phone and the mail box is full, so I cannot even leave a message.

then today must be a holiday. Called 3 different branch offices in North Carolina before 3 pm and no one answered the phone. left messages, but do not expect a return call.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
phatdad
Silent Operator

Post by phatdad »

I probably shouldn't be surprised as I work for the V.A. At last count I have 14 different user ID and 14 different passwords necessary to do my job. They all require different amounts of characters from 5 to 18. They all expire at different intervals. Every time I come back from vacation I find myself locked out of 1 or 2 of them. We are issued a federal ID that has an RF chip to logon initially but after that it is useless.
I will be ruined if I develop even mild dementia.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

Once you get everything right, have your user name and password tattooed on your arm.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

smustian wrote:Once you get everything right, have your user name and password tattooed on your arm.
you mean engraved. etching doesnt count for the BATFE. you have to be a minimum depth for them to accept it :mrgreen:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

plant.one wrote:
smustian wrote:Once you get everything right, have your user name and password tattooed on your arm.
you mean engraved. etching doesnt count for the BATFE. you have to be a minimum depth for them to accept it :mrgreen:
I am sure the tattoo artist could "engrave" the info if you requested. Bigger needle, excessive pressure and multiple passes should do it. :lol:
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

smustian wrote:
plant.one wrote:
I am sure the tattoo artist could "engrave" the info if you requested. Bigger needle, excessive pressure and multiple passes should do it. :lol:
Metal is engraved, flesh is branded, addition of color is optional. :shock:
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.