Need advice, well darn I'm having one issue after another with my SBR builds

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

KERTWOOD

Re: Need advice, well darn I'm having one issue after another with my SBR builds

Post by KERTWOOD »

Netpackrat wrote:I hope you ran it through spell check first. :lol:
I typed this on my phone the other night and it misspelled PARTICULAR. Big deal. It got the man out of problem status and into pending didn't it?

hardcase, glad I could help out.
IT'S NO FUN WHEN THE RABBITS GOT THE GUN..
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Re: Need advice, well darn I'm having one issue after another with my SBR builds

Post by Netpackrat »

KERTWOOD wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:I hope you ran it through spell check first. :lol:
I typed this on my phone the other night and it misspelled PARTICULAR. Big deal. It got the man out of problem status and into pending didn't it?

hardcase, glad I could help out.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

hardcase wrote:What is so peculiar about my correspondence with ATF recently and in the past is I think their heart is in the right place as far as wanting to help. It is just so typical of a bureaucratic agency needing to get the right wording in the right box. It is almost like the agency is not allowed to think.

This was my second SBR. The first one last summer was an AR-15 in 5.56. I figured the ATF would not want me to have two calibers of the same SBR for personal use.

In addition a 5.56 makes a very poor SBR, but I doubt they know a 5.56 makes a very poor SBR.
Yep, you really do over think this stuff...
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

dtom29 wrote:
hardcase wrote:What is so peculiar about my correspondence with ATF recently and in the past is I think their heart is in the right place as far as wanting to help. It is just so typical of a bureaucratic agency needing to get the right wording in the right box. It is almost like the agency is not allowed to think.

This was my second SBR. The first one last summer was an AR-15 in 5.56. I figured the ATF would not want me to have two calibers of the same SBR for personal use.

In addition a 5.56 makes a very poor SBR, but I doubt they know a 5.56 makes a very poor SBR.
Yep, you really do over think this stuff...

you could have 100 SBR's in the same caliber and i doubt the BATFE would give two farts one way or the other. what you use it for is none of their damn business as long as its legal.

as dtom said... you're WAY overthinking this stuff.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.