When will ATF cash check on a Form 4

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

When will ATF cash check on a Form 4

Post by BlogSarge »

Will ATF immediately cash my check when they get the Form 4 from my dealer, or do they wait until they are actually working on the Form?
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Re: When will ATF cash check on a Form 4

Post by Sithlord »

BlogSarge wrote:Will ATF immediately cash my check when they get the Form 4 from my dealer, or do they wait until they are actually working on the Form?
They cash it as soon as possible. And before they work on it - although they may convert your paper form into an electronic one at the same time.

A recent poster might be able to comment if they cashed the check even when there is an obvious issue from the start - such as the item is not listed in the inventory of the FFL.
Dr Fumbles
Silent Operator

Post by Dr Fumbles »

The minions are the ones that cash the check. It is done before the paperwork is seen by anyone that could say if the form would be approved or not.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

Thanks all. I just wrote the check and did my portion of the Form 4 at a dealer in whom I am losing confidence. I figured if ATF cashes checks immediately, I can watch for this to happen and tell if the dealer actually sent in the Form 4 like they said.
farm use
Silent But Deadly

Post by farm use »

My dealer does his part then gives me the form 4 and I file out my part. Then I mail it off. I know when when its sent in.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

farm use wrote:My dealer does his part then gives me the form 4 and I file out my part. Then I mail it off. I know when when its sent in.
Which is what I should have done! I might wait a week or three and if the check isn't cashed I'll check with ATF and seeif they'll tell me if they have it yet.
farm use
Silent But Deadly

Post by farm use »

BlogSarge wrote:
farm use wrote:My dealer does his part then gives me the form 4 and I file out my part. Then I mail it off. I know when when its sent in.
Which is what I should have done! I might wait a week or three and if the check isn't cashed I'll check with ATF and seeif they'll tell me if they have it yet.
I mailed my Form 4 off last wednesday the 6th, my check was cashed today. I also efiled a form 1 that night. Its going to be a very long wait.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

Yes, the waiting stinks. Fortunately, I seldom shoot much in the winter so that makes it easier on me this time. Come spring, though, I'll be chomping at the bit!
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

farm use wrote: I mailed my Form 4 off last wednesday the 6th, my check was cashed today. I also efiled a form 1 that night. Its going to be a very long wait.
you're probably more right than you know.

monday i tried to get onto the efile site and it was completely bogged down.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
farm use
Silent But Deadly

Post by farm use »

LOL... I bet! Things are going to get crazy for awhile with all the form 1-4s. Im gona guess and say we wont see any approved until October.