CNN Town Hall

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

TX Sapper
Senior Silent Operator

CNN Town Hall

Post by TX Sapper »

So, I watched the CNN Town Hall last night mainly because I was interested in watching known pro-2nd Amendment people launch questions for Obama to answer.

I must say that one side comment he made caught me a little by surprise. He was talking about making "the most dangerous firearms" harder to get and in that same sentence mentioned sawed off shotguns, machine guns, and silencers as examples among others.

With all the benefits of suppressors and the recent positive press, with virtually NO down sides, I guess I was being OVER optimistic thinking that we could get the legislation approved that removed silencers from the NFA. But if he sees silencers in the same "most dangerous" category as machine guns, then I guess I have to join the rest in the world of reality.

A bit depressed...

Sapper
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Re: CNN Town Hall

Post by steven11b »

I guess he thinks he is a subject matter expert? When someone says sawed off shotguns, machine guns and supressors are more dangerous then other weapons it's amusing to me. Making a barrel shorter on any weapon only decreases it's lethality and how is a supressor dangerous? The machine gun thing is bogus as well for the most part. I see myself as well trained with rifles like ar15/m4's and sub guns. At no time have I felt it was better to shoot full auto over semi auto with a rifle. Now with an actual machine gun like 240b or m249 then yes I would say full auto is more usefull but only when fighting in an actual battle. And a semi auto rifle is defiantly more lethal then a full auto sub gun. Just my 2 cents!
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

I've always looked at machine guns as useful in combat where a high volume of fire from a well-trained soldier would be useful. Other than that, they just let an average person miss with lots more rounds.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

i didnt watch it on tv. and from the clips i've seen floating on the web, i doubt i could have stomach'ed sitting through the whole thing anyway. he's such a smug arrogant SOB, especially when he's given a forum to sit there spew pure ideological crap. and his non teleprompter 'uhm, uh'... he sounds like a 6th grader with a speech impediment sometimes. this great speaker can hardly put together a coherent sentence if its not pre-written for him some days.

calling it a town hall is disingenuous anyway. if you're only allowing pre-screened questions/questioners, its a setup from the start and nothing more than political theatre. fodder to cram into peoples heads that are already full of mush.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

plant.one wrote:calling it a town hall is disingenuous anyway. if you're only allowing pre-screened questions/questioners, its a setup from the start and nothing more than political theatre. fodder to cram into peoples heads that are already full of mush.
Obummer has been all over stating that the NRA was invited several times to come to the town hall meeting but refused. When the NRA rep was asked why, he stated that yes they were invited but would only be allowed to ask one prescreened question so why bother. Total political ploy.
RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAINS »

This is the wrong section for this thread. AND SERIOUSLY H-T-F ARE ANY OF YOU ABLE TO WATCH CNN? Just a bunch of Nazis messing with people's heads for money and power.

R
TX Sapper
Senior Silent Operator

Post by TX Sapper »

RAINS wrote:This is the wrong section for this thread. AND SERIOUSLY H-T-F ARE ANY OF YOU ABLE TO WATCH CNN? Just a bunch of Nazis messing with people's heads for money and power.

R

I was actually surprised at the questions that CNN let be heard. It is obvious that we strongly disagree on some very fundamental issues, but I wanted to see how it played.

Oh, I put this topic in this section because my focus was that it is the first time I heard Obama actually say that silencers are dangerous. I was hoping that we were going to get them out of the NFA sooner, but atlas, we have to wait till we can get a Republican in office. My thinking was that silencers were only in the NFA because of ignorance...but it really goes far beyond that.

Sapper
cdynaco
Silent But Deadly

Post by cdynaco »

Charliehorse
Bultx1215
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Bultx1215 »

cdynaco wrote:.

Love this one.
:lol: :lol:
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

cdynaco wrote:.

thank you, i totally stole that btw! :mrgreen: 8) 8)
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.