41p celebration buy.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Re: 41p celebration buy.

Post by steven11b »

If you file as an individual and were to die, wouldn't the item fall into the hands of the government? I though that was another reason for a trust.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
JimBobClay

Post by JimBobClay »

It would be transferred on a form 5 tax free to your wife / children.
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

I'm not sure if Steven was asking what happens with an already approved item that you possess, or one that you filed on, but was not yet approved at the time of your death? If the former, the form 5 transfer would be correct, but I would be interested to know what happens if the individual dies prior to approval? The trust would seem to have some advantage there.
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

Netpackrat wrote:I'm not sure if Steven was asking what happens with an already approved item that you possess, or one that you filed on, but was not yet approved at the time of your death? If the former, the form 5 transfer would be correct, but I would be interested to know what happens if the individual dies prior to approval? The trust would seem to have some advantage there.
I didn't know it could be transfered at all. I suppose if you already have the trust you might as well keep using it so that way those people can legally posses the items as well.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

Mossberg 14" AOW- check cashed 2/2. SRT integral lever action 96/44- check cashed 2/2. Griffin Revo45- check cashed 2/11.

Wait begins. I freaking stole the 96/44 from an NFA dealer getting out of the biz in LA- less than I could buy a regular 96/44 for. Can't wait. If it is half as quiet as the SRT 77/44 I've got, I will be sto--STOKED.
skeetdoc

Post by skeetdoc »

SBR'd a lower and ordered a Silencerco Hybrid.