Perferred optics for SBR build

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

TMD
Silent But Deadly

Perferred optics for SBR build

Post by TMD »

Submitted my form1 via Efile with a trust last week and finally assembled the upper. Its an 8.3" barrel with a 12" rail in .300bo. For now I have it on my pistol lower with a cheap burris 1x4 scope but haven't fired it yet. I'm still up in the air as to what I want to put on it for optics. Kind of tossed between a reddot or scope. If I go with a scope I'm thinking something between 1x4 or 1.5x6. It will be strictly used for suppressed subsonic loads and targets at 100 yards or less. I have a 16" 300bo for supersonic loads for supersonic loads.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Perferred optics for SBR build

Post by rimshaker »

Get a red dot since you already have a scope on the other one.

For a compact SBR, looks badass with a red dot profile.
sucker76
Senior Silent Operator

Post by sucker76 »

I use the Hi-Lux 1-4x24. It has a mil reticle and drop hashes too. I use the zero for supers and the mils for hold overs for subs. It works great for me but some may not like the busy reticle.
Stamp collecting since 2015
loranger
Senior Silent Operator

Post by loranger »

I have a Leupold VX-R Patrol 1.25-4x on mine. I love it but have seriously though about buying a primary arms red dot to throw on it when shooting suppressed subs up close. I used a scope since it was primarily built as a pig gun but its just so much fun to shoot subs!

The Holosun I have on my 9mm build is sweet!

RockyRiver
Silent But Deadly

Post by RockyRiver »

Picked up one of the Nikon P-300's for my SIG 16 inch enhanced patrol. After getting it home and reading up on the BDC its pretty obvious that the BDC is a gimmick. There is no actual 300 BLK cam set or BDC drop reticle. Just a set of lines and circles that don't correspond to much of anything. I can go onto the Nikon site and enter in the ballistics of any bullet and load for any of their scopes and I can print up a reference sheet for BDC. Point being if you can find a 223 scope cheaper do it. No difference in function between the two scopes.
hoser
Silent But Deadly

Post by hoser »

Aimpoint Micro.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

I have the EoTech 300BLK on my SBR.
But I prefer a 1-4 Illuminated scope for most of my rifles. EoTech over Aimpoint any day.
farm use
Silent But Deadly

Post by farm use »

I use a vortex strickfire red dot on my 8". I zeroed it dead on at 25 yards with 208 gn sub's and was banging steel at 200 yards with it few days ago. Just hold over, the red dots work pretty well.
FormerNavy
Silent But Deadly

Post by FormerNavy »

I'm going to vote Aimpoint PRO here... great optic for the money.
m4a1sof
Silent But Deadly

Post by m4a1sof »

Weaver Classic V-Series Rifle Scope 1-3x 20mm Dual-X Reticule Matte Classic V 849400. Inexpensive, made in Japan, very lightweight, compact, paired with a Aero Precision Ultralight 1" Scope Mount it's like under 12 ounces for the whole rig.