trust set up costs ?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

tedscissors
Silent But Deadly

trust set up costs ?

Post by tedscissors »

Looking into setting up a trust with my brother and a co-worker and have experienced some significant differences in cost to do so; would using 199trust get me a safe, legal document to present to an attorney ?

Can I ask what others have paid to set up a trust ?

Any links to walk me through the process ? I must admit to some confusion with this although I have been told that setting up a trust is not complex.

Thank you

edit ........ hey, cool beans....I graduated from *member* to *silent operator* :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: trust set up costs ?

Post by plant.one »

because NFA stuff is so new here in michigan - i found a local lawyer who specialized in NFA law and went with him.

cost me $400, but i have a trust that i know will hold on both local and federal levels without any hoolabaloo.

the extra couple hundred $ bought me a lot of peace of mind - and follow up support as needed.

many people do great with the 199trust guys and their trusts are getting approved all the time.

depending on your state and local laws you might wish to go the local route or go the 199trust route.

if you plan to take the document to a lawyer anyway, why not just get a good lawyer to draft it for you from scratch?
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

tedscissors wrote:Looking into setting up a trust with my brother and a co-worker and have experienced some significant differences in cost to do so; would using 199trust get me a safe, legal document to present to an attorney ?
If you do a trust through 199trust, you don't have to present it to an attorney, 199trust are attorneys (or they better be).

I decided to use a local attorney as I wanted some items tailored to suit my needs, I paid $300.
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

I also paid a local atty 300 for mine, came with a year of email support from him, but it hasn't been needed. Way easy.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
Ariac
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Ariac »

I used Quicken myself, and haven't had any issues. It took about an hour, and prints all the instructions on how to deal with everything when you go to actually print the trust.
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

This might be helpful if you use Quicken.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/thread ... -NFA-items
samson7x
Senior Silent Operator

Post by samson7x »

I paid a local attorney $150.
tedscissors
Silent But Deadly

Post by tedscissors »

Thank you for the response; local attorneys are charging between $200 and $400 based on support after the trust is in place.
Will investigate the Quicken link and read a bit more on the 199trust and will definitely utilize an attorney to make sure all is correct / legal etc.
dvp18
Silent Operator

Post by dvp18 »

I paid a local NFA attorney $300, he will also answer any questions indefinitely.
JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Post by JeffWard »

Here's my guy in Florida, your state may vary, but Cyrus will be able to point your head to the right choice!

Jeff
Guns are tools designed for dirty work both competitive and defensive. If I meet someone with a well worn gun, I hope their barrel is pointed the same direction as mine if the lead starts flying...