ATF Form 4 wait Times

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

DangerdanJD

Re: ATF Form 4 wait Times

Post by DangerdanJD »

I have had two Form 4's come back recently, both at around 9 months.

(1) Check cashed by ATF 12.9.13 - Received Stamp 9.4.14 (9 months).

(2) Check cashed by ATF 12.11.13 - Received Stamp 9.6.14 (9 months).

I have had one Form 1 come back,

(1) Check cashed 12.14.13 - Received Stamp 8.15.14 (8 months).
WhoDatRR
Silent But Deadly

Post by WhoDatRR »

Another four stamps today, all paper F4s with checks cashed on 5/13.

Saker 762
AAC Pilot 2
Another AAC Pilot 2
AAC Evo 9

Not bad....
---------------
I bet your NFL team could beat my NFL team...
ScottB70
Silent But Deadly

Post by ScottB70 »

Called the NFA branch, paper form 4 trust submitted on 6/2/2014 was approved 9/28/2014. Stamp must be in the mail somewhere.
FormerNavy
Silent But Deadly

Post by FormerNavy »

ScottB70 wrote:Called the NFA branch, paper form 4 trust submitted on 6/2/2014 was approved 9/28/2014. Stamp must be in the mail somewhere.

This gets me excited as my F4 Trust for my Saker was submitted 7/1/2014 :mrgreen:
pvanwagner
Silent But Deadly

Post by pvanwagner »

Yep. I've got two that were cashed on 6-9 and my dealer told me last night that they called her earlier this week to verify the length of the SBS. It seems that the previous dealer left the length of barrel and OAL blank on the Form 3. Sounds like June ones are starting to get approved. I see on NFATracker that there are reports of Paper Form 4s for Trusts being reported as approved and received that were cashed in June.

It looks promising that they're starting to catch up on everything.
pvanwagner
Silent But Deadly

Post by pvanwagner »

http://www.silencershop.com/support/atf-wait-times/

Silencer Shop Wait Times page shows right now: Paper TRUST Form 4: 4/18/2014 through 6/5/2014

It's looking good.
Bucks13
Silent Operator

Post by Bucks13 »

ScottB70 wrote:Called the NFA branch, paper form 4 trust submitted on 6/2/2014 was approved 9/28/2014. Stamp must be in the mail somewhere.
While that's great for you, honestly....this also really upsets me. I have had a Form 4 in since late March and it still isn't approved. My estimated completion date still isn't until February. Doesn't the ATF practice FIFO??? :lol: :cry:

I was happy when my SBR came back 4 months early, but so far my suppressor isn't having the same luck. Sorry, venting. I'm sure Damon is getting annoyed telling me my estimated approval date!
pvanwagner
Silent But Deadly

Post by pvanwagner »

I would recommend to stop calling "Damon" then. He's only telling you February so you'll stop bugging him. Yours will probably arrive within the month. They're all coming in a lot faster now. Really there's no reason to call them every week to bug them. It just slows down the processing. Once you've confirmed that it's pending there's no reason to call for 5 or 6 months just to make sure it's not sitting at your dealer who has forgotten to call you.
TheMustardTiger

Post by TheMustardTiger »

Paper form 4 times have dropped drastically, my dad just got the call today the his SDN-6 was approved and ready for pick up, it was filed 5/18 so around a 4.5 month wait when we were expecting around 8-10 months. Also received an approved form 1 (efiled) on 9/30 which was filed 8/30 and we have 4 more cans in the process which were filed 7/1 so with any luck we may get em back before the end of the month
Bucks13
Silent Operator

Post by Bucks13 »

pvanwagner wrote:I would recommend to stop calling "Damon" then. He's only telling you February so you'll stop bugging him. Yours will probably arrive within the month. They're all coming in a lot faster now. Really there's no reason to call them every week to bug them. It just slows down the processing. Once you've confirmed that it's pending there's no reason to call for 5 or 6 months just to make sure it's not sitting at your dealer who has forgotten to call you.
Well I've only called about once a month, so my apologies for exaggerating. And I doubt I'm slowing anything down considering the folks who initially answer the phone don't process apps (as I understand it). But I get your point.

Side note, dealer received stamp this morning! Off to pick up my LT tonight after work.