Question about NFA trust created by attorney (I reside in No

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

MMA10mm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Question about NFA trust created by attorney (I reside i

Post by MMA10mm »

This does sound state-specific.

Also, when dealing with lawyers and the law, you have to listen really, really close. The devil is in the details, as it were. My interpretation of what he said, via what you typed out above, is that the two witnesses have to sign to certify that you have $10,000. You don't have to show them a stack of 100 $100-bills.

Most-likely, based on the assumption your post is very detailed and exact, my guess is that most of the witnesses in your state who sign trust forms as described are two bank employees of the bank you do your business with. The bank employees can simply look up the total balances of your various accounts, see that it's over $10,000, and voila, they sign. So, no actual stack of $10,000.

(Although, I do recommend that, at least once in your life, you withdraw $10,000 from the bank in cash and ask for it in consecutively-numbered bills. They'll pull out a mint-wrapped stack of $100-bills and give it to you. I LOVE that smell... And the pretty yellow-and-white paper band it's wrapped in... :mrgreen: I slid the paper band off my stack and re-deposited the money right in front of them. We all had a good laugh... Also, be advised that banks must notify the government every time someone withdrawals $10,000 or more from their account, so you're name will wind up on another list with the Dept. of Treasury. :roll: )
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

its required on any transaction over $10,000 & not just banks. folks bought their last vehicle with cash, dealer was mad as h#ll about having to do the tax form. dad even warned him before hand, and he said he assumed they meant a certified check "paid in full i'm not financing type of cash" deal & not a stack of hundo's. mom said you're more than welcome to lower the price under $10k. :mrgreen: goofy bastard decided he wanted the extra $900 bad enough to deal with the form.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

The first line in my trust is a 2 dollar bill with serial number. After that are the NFA items. Not sure about NC, but that's how it works in CO. We're also allowed to gift to a trust, so it doesn't need it's own bank account. I paid $300 for mine, got a year of support with that, and I don't feel it was wasted. Not something you'd want to have some sort of mistake on.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

36C-4-401 Methods of Creating a Trust:
A trust may be created by any of the following methods:

(1) Transfer of property by a settlor to a person as trustee during the settlor's lifetime .....

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegi ... 4-401.html

No requirement for a specific amount, but there does have to be something. I prepare NFA Trusts in Arkansas and Tennessee and the schedule of assets always has as #1 asset that funded the trust initially a $10 bill. Not an actual bill, but a statement that the trust was founded with ten Dollars and the trustees acknowledge that they received the trust's property.