SBR in MI

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

shootertom
Silent But Deadly

SBR in MI

Post by shootertom »

The bill was signed by our governor today! Good day for Michiganders!

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(31gg04fraznsai2ici04gu55))/mileg.aspx?page=BillStatus&objectname=2013-SB-0610
msup752
Silent Operator

Re: SBR in MI

Post by msup752 »

Cheer! Time to fill the forms and take the lower to the engraver!

And wait. Hopefully e-forms will be faster. I'm 15 months into a wait for a can. That is since I started a form 3 to get it to my local dealer.
Scotty777

Post by Scotty777 »

YES! I received an email on this too. Great news, time to go shopping!
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

msup752 wrote:Cheer! Time to fill the forms and take the lower to the engraver!

And wait. Hopefully e-forms will be faster. I'm 15 months into a wait for a can. That is since I started a form 3 to get it to my local dealer.
15 months? I just got two stamps this past week, both were nine months.
msup752
Silent Operator

Post by msup752 »

Yep, 15 months. Part of that was form 3. I paid for the can in February of 2013. It took almost 3 months to form 3 the can to my local dealer and I submitted the paper form 4 in mid June and I'm still waiting. My other cans took 6 months from mail out to stamp return.

According to trackers, I still have another month wait. Most of the stamps coming back right now were originally mailed out in May. My biggest problem is the dealer that is holding on to the can wasn't interested in renewing their SOT FFL license a year ago so I hope they don't expire and then I'll have to find something else to do.
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

msup752 wrote:Yep, 15 months. Part of that was form 3. I paid for the can in February of 2013. It took almost 3 months to form 3 the can to my local dealer and I submitted the paper form 4 in mid June and I'm still waiting. My other cans took 6 months from mail out to stamp return.

According to trackers, I still have another month wait. Most of the stamps coming back right now were originally mailed out in May. My biggest problem is the dealer that is holding on to the can wasn't interested in renewing their SOT FFL license a year ago so I hope they don't expire and then I'll have to find something else to do.
I just got two, they were both mailed in late June. The NFAtracker is showing a positive trend of going from 300 days to 270 days (9 months) which my very recent experience confirms.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

RDA wrote: I just got two, they were both mailed in late June. The NFAtracker is showing a positive trend of going from 300 days to 270 days (9 months) which my very recent experience confirms.
I wonder if this is the impact of eForms.. More eforms = fewer paper
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

Sithlord wrote:
RDA wrote: I just got two, they were both mailed in late June. The NFAtracker is showing a positive trend of going from 300 days to 270 days (9 months) which my very recent experience confirms.
I wonder if this is the impact of eForms.. More eforms = fewer paper
I believe this is at least one byproduct of eforms in that if you assume the same amount of submissions (with paper and eform) as there was when there was just paper, that the paper time would decrease as the eform takes some of the burden off the system with the eforms helping to streamline the front half of the process.

I also think there was quite the increase in submissions in the first quarter of 2013 after Sandy Hook and things pulled back a bit in the second through fourth quarters of 2013 (but the threat of ATF 41P kept submissions pretty strong) and things have started to taper off in the first quarter of 2014. The ATF may very well catch up and reduce the times from the ~10 month peak and get back towards 6 months on the paper forms.

Time will tell.
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

All the Michigan residents are gonna flood the website and wait times are gonna go back up. :lol:
msup752
Silent Operator

Post by msup752 »

I'm planning on flooding it today with a form 1 if it will let me. The lower receiver is sitting right here, ready to take to my local machine shop for engraving and coating.

I'm thinking FDE for the lower and stock, forest green for the upper and barrel and OD green for the hand guard. I can't visualize the colors so I hope they work together.