ATF 41P enacted June 2014?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gravitas73
Silent Operator

Re: ATF 41P enacted June 2014?

Post by gravitas73 »

So with the ATF newsletter it appears that eForm4's are not allowed at all.

The only way you can use the eForms is for Form 1's (Manufacturing an NFA weapon/item).

So that really sucks. I have no idea why they wouldn't allow trusts to submit eForm4's.
RNT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RNT »

Eform 4 can be done by business or person with the legal license to do so.
Armorer-at-Law

Post by Armorer-at-Law »

Also not sure how the $200 tax is done, if you would just pay your dealer and they pay it for you online.
You pay with a credit card. ATF doesn't care whose CC is used.
Send lawyers, guns, and money...
eastern_hunter
Senior Silent Operator

Post by eastern_hunter »

Clarification please ...

Can the local dealer submit a Form 4 to transfer a can to a private citizen's trust within his state?

In other words ... can my dealer submit a Form 4 to transfer a can to my Trust?

Have two cans being transferred to him now. Would like to take the fastest way to affect the transfer to me.

Thank you!
pvanwagner
Silent But Deadly

Post by pvanwagner »

eastern_hunter wrote:Clarification please ...

Can the local dealer submit a Form 4 to transfer a can to a private citizen's trust within his state?

In other words ... can my dealer submit a Form 4 to transfer a can to my Trust?

Have two cans being transferred to him now. Would like to take the fastest way to affect the transfer to me.

Thank you!
Yes. EForm form 4 with a trust.
Meridian
Silent Operator

Post by Meridian »

[quote="gravitas73Also not sure how the $200 tax is done, if you would just pay your dealer and they pay it for you online.[/quote]
My dealer filed a Form 4 to transfer a can into my trust. I just wrote him a $200 check and he used his CC to pay it. You could also let the dealer use your credit card to pay the $200 as Armorer-at-Law noted above.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

Meridian wrote:
gravitas73 wrote:Also not sure how the $200 tax is done, if you would just pay your dealer and they pay it for you online.
My dealer filed a Form 4 to transfer a can into my trust. I just wrote him a $200 check and he used his CC to pay it. You could also let the dealer use your credit card to pay the $200 as Armorer-at-Law noted above.
Technically, the FFL could submit non-trust form 4's via eForms as well; however, I would suspect some of that depends on how well the fingerprints are scanned.

It is unfortunate that not all (many) FFLs appear to be doing Form 4 eForms. What a shame. I specifically am going to do NFA business with those FFLs that will do Form 4s via eForms. At least individuals can still submit the Form 1s for SBRs....
Meridian
Silent Operator

Post by Meridian »

Sithlord wrote:Technically, the FFL could submit non-trust form 4's via eForms as well; however, I would suspect some of that depends on how well the fingerprints are scanned.
They could, but it would be rejected immediately. ATF eForm instructions state they will not accept forms for transfers to individuals via eForms. The problems with scanned finger print cards are just one reason.
Scorpion rider
Silent Operator

Post by Scorpion rider »