Another NFA Form After Having One Approved

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Hog+

Another NFA Form After Having One Approved

Post by Hog+ »

A question for the guys that might have done this, is there any difference, time wise, in getting a second or third NFA item's paperwork approved after you have one already approved? My NFA item is in the name of a Corporation, allowing any officer in the corporation to have possession, plus the item stays in the corporation, regardless if I die or not. You still have to file and pay an annual fee for the Corp., but it is one more way to skin the cat.
Ed
“Think as I think," said a man, "or you are abominably wicked; you are a toad." And after I thought of it, I said, "I will, then, be a toad.”
rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Re: Another NFA Form After Having One Approved

Post by rjacobs »

nope, doesnt matter one bit. They all get in the back of the line and are treated like you didnt have anything already. 6-8 months for each item.
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
kR-15
Senior Silent Operator

Post by kR-15 »

It may depend on how your local NFA auditor handles paperwork.

My brother in law swears that he gets stamps back in groups even when he submits form4s and form 1s at different times. His theory is that our local auditor starts a paperwork pile for your name and if additional requests arrive during the typical processing time they end up in your pile. When its time to issue stamps the auditor clears your pile off their desk.

I am testing this theory at this very moment- Form 4 submitted in late October, Form 4 submitted in late November, Form 1 submitted late Dec/early Jan. If this all works out according to the theory above I should get all 3 stamps in close succession (although one goes to my house while 2 head to my FFL).

June is the target month for the November item.
"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."--- Thomas Jefferson

http://kR-15.com - reloading recipes, shooting tips and more!
renegade
Senior Silent Operator

Post by renegade »

kR-15 wrote:It may depend on how your local NFA auditor handles paperwork.

My brother in law swears that he gets stamps back in groups even when he submits form4s and form 1s at different times. His theory is that our local auditor starts a paperwork pile for your name and if additional requests arrive during the typical processing time they end up in your pile. When its time to issue stamps the auditor clears your pile off their desk.
I know on several occasions folks were able to request this. While checking status they were told next week etc and then asked if the others they have submitted could be processed at same time and examiner did this for them.
renegade
Senior Silent Operator

Post by renegade »

Hog+ wrote:A question for the guys that might have done this, is there any difference, time wise, in getting a second or third NFA item's paperwork approved after you have one already approved? My NFA item is in the name of a Corporation, allowing any officer in the corporation to have possession, plus the item stays in the corporation, regardless if I die or not. You still have to file and pay an annual fee for the Corp., but it is one more way to skin the cat.
Ed
There was a time this was true. That was when waiting on the FBI fingerprints was the longest part of the wait, and if you had recently gotten a form and the prints were done, they did not wait for the second print check to come back. But this is not the case now and does not matter for corps anyway since no prints.