CMMG 8.5" melonited bbl

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

eastern_hunter
Senior Silent Operator

CMMG 8.5" melonited bbl

Post by eastern_hunter »

Anyone use the CMMG 8.5" melonited, 1:7, pistol gassed 300 BLK bbl in an SBR for subsonic use?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/798163 ... te-pre-ban

Thanks!
Uvausmc
Silent Operator

Re: CMMG 8.5" melonited bbl

Post by Uvausmc »

I've got a CMMG pistol upper that has 8.5" melonited barrel in it. I can't say how it does with subsonics suppressed but I should be able to tell you next week 8) . Unsuppressed it won't cycle the subs but I was plinking the 200 yd steel plate a couple weekends ago with supersonics with ease.

jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

have you tried your 8.5 cmmg with a can yet? I went looking for a desert eagle yesterday but run across a 300 blackout pistol kit with the same barrel , so out the door I went with the pistol kit and a seekins stripped lower . when I got home I started reading the cmmg industry thread and about had a seizure.
I have a 16 inch smith and wesson 300 and a yankee hill phantom suppresor and my concern is bore thread concentricisty . I dont want to shoot the end out of my can . anyway thanks in advance and happy shooting
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

I can't say anything about their pistol barrel, but their 16 inch barrel is good to go with a tight-bored screw on suppressor I have. I've never had a complaint outta my CMMG-built 300BLK.