Silent Operator

Re: How to fill out an ATF Form 1 to SBR your lower

Post by BarNone »

Question 4-e is length of barrel, 4-f is overall length of firearm
shabba
Senior Silent Operator

Post by shabba »

ok i printed the cirtificate, but the print came out kinda small. tried all i knew about printing to make it bigger, would not get bigger. ok on ?4 D. i put the model #, under D. it says length(inches), E. of barrel, i put 9" F. overall. the question i have is that first part that just says length, length of what?
a wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer Bruce Lee
BarNone
Silent Operator

Post by BarNone »

shabba wrote: it says length(inches), E. of barrel, i put 9" F. overall. the question i have is that first part that just says length, length of what?
That is simply referring to The next two boxes to be length in inches of....... E - barrel and F - overall

Nothing goes in that box.
shabba
Senior Silent Operator

Post by shabba »

thankyou very much !
a wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer Bruce Lee
jrknight99

Post by jrknight99 »

1. If you don't have the stock yet (and cant have it legally, how can I get the overall length? (9" upper)

2. The lower is a "multi" but the upper going on it is a 300 blackout. What do I list it as?

Thanks!
rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by rjacobs »

jrknight99 wrote:1. If you don't have the stock yet (and cant have it legally, how can I get the overall length? (9" upper)

2. The lower is a "multi" but the upper going on it is a 300 blackout. What do I list it as?

Thanks!

OAL for a 9" upper would be 28". Mine is listed at 29.5" and I have a 10.5" upper.

300 AAC Blackout or 300 BLK is what I would put on a Form 1. Those are the correct SAAMI designations and what should be put on the form.

Although the "caliber"(which is what the form asks for, not the specific cartridge) is 7.62. All I have on my form is 5.56, so I am not 100% on the 300 BLK going on the form or 7.62. Maybe Mr. Silvers can chime in or somebody that has a Form 1 approved for a 300 BLK upper whether they put 300 BLK or 7.62.

DO NOT PUT MULTI
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
brobin10
Silent Operator

Post by brobin10 »

i put 300 BLK on my form 1 and it was approved in 2012...the ATF folks arent the most consistent with your approval methods though....
weaponeer1911

Post by weaponeer1911 »

Since it asks for caliber and not cartridge name, I put .308" on my Form 1. I should see if that's right in a few weeks.
Bluegrassblast

Post by Bluegrassblast »

brobin10 wrote:i put 300 BLK on my form 1 and it was approved in 2012...the ATF folks arent the most consistent with your approval methods though....
Has anyone used 300 Blackout?

That's what mine is submitted with
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

Mine has exactly 300 Blackout on it and was approved with no problems.